1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Maxon Club?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by akaTRENT, Aug 3, 2010.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey guys, I just got on with Maxon, and was looking for a so called Maxon owners club? Used the search found nothing.

Is there one? or do you guys not have clubs like that in effects section (Im usually on the amps section haha)

Thanks guys.

2. There's a few, but not really.

Buy pedal -> join club -> sell pedal -> leave club :p

That ^ could happen in a week for a lot of folks here.

Congrats on the endorsement :bassist:

3. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    Dammit I just traded my Ibanez UB405 (with Maxxon circuits - EQ, Analog Delay, Compressor, Chorus, Loop) for a 'mystery effect' - (Don't worry, it's going to be a good exchange. The person I'm swapping with is a bit of a wiz and has nonsense stuff just hanging around. He did offer a 'garage sale' walkthrough, but I thought that would take away the fun of it. Haven't received the swap, but I just know it will be funky.)

<--- Getting away from Rack stuff, and into pedals.

4. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Congratulations on the endorsement. I'd join up the club, except I actually just recently traded off the last Maxon pedal that I have owned (CS-9 Pro). :D

5. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9btkeN05-8
    At the point we are at on TB with clubs anything goes anywhere about anything and people are now part of so many clubs that they don't remember how many they are in any more..

On the other hand
    I have a AD900 which I like oh so much.

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    While I don't presently own any Maxon pedals, I have said in the past --and I still maintain-- that if I could only have one brand of pedals for my entire pedalboard, I would choose Maxon. Actually, it would be a close battle between Maxon and Exar, who I represent. Exar beats Maxon badly in the overdrive/distortion department, but Maxon beats Exar in the compressor, delay, and filter departments. So I guess that means Maxon is still on top, overall. :)

7. shinobi

shinobi

Nov 24, 2007
    Aichi, Japan
    previously owned the CS-550 and (its replacement) the CS-9Pro, currently own the CP-9Pro+

having to sell my CS-9Pro really sucked. my favourite chorus. it's just that i didn't need a chorus anymore.

congrats on the maxon endorsement, maxon is an awesome manufacturer. sadly they don't offer anything for me in the od/distortion department, at least as far as bass is concerned.

8. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    So should we make a club or what? Im loving my cp9pro+. Bongo's review is fairly spot on about it.
    If so that makes mudfuzz #2

9. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Maybe a Maxon Fans thread vice a club so we don't have to pay membership dues?

After going through just about every non boutique env filter in the market my search ended with the AF9. I <3 it.

10. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Oh and I <3 my Mono M80 also!

11. Club?

I've got a Maxon branded CP-9pro+, PT-9pro+, FL-9 and AF-9 as well as a vintage Ibanez branded / Maxon made CS-9

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    As a member of many TB clubs, so many in fact, it would be silly to sig them all, AND, as the very happy user of a Maxon CS9Pro chorus, and FL9 Flanger, I will gladly submit my resume to enter this club, as well. That is, if you'll have me. Loves me some Maxon modulation.

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Since I've never actually listed them all,-Ampeg #27, Mesa Boogie #23, Rickenbacker #88, Ehx #21, PBass #480, Fender P #7, MXR #34, Big Cabs #21, Prog bassists #8, Genz Benz #167, Texas bassists #?, SWR fan #79, Tone chasers #5, and 2 which I had to leave, Gibson #13, and Epifani #35. The Gibson club actually threw me out the front door. Very embarrasing, but the bruises healed in less than a week.

14. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    :D
    actually don't remember all of them:bag:
    I know I am EHX #3 and I am in the" Amime, Big Cabs, Ibanez, Explorer, MXR, Boss, Orange, Short scale, 8string, Moog, DIY Effect Makers, Hollowbody Bass, Effects Addict, Extended Range Bass, The OMGZ I LUVZ ME SOME "&#348;&#1036;&#1062;&#319;&#321; &#352;&#924;&#916;&#350;&#919;&#296;&#1048;&#288;/&#946;&#920;&#1048;&#926;&#1050;&#1071;&#370;&#348;&#294;Ï&#1048;&#286;" tonez club, Metal Bassist, Official Sunn Owners / Lovers.....

15. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Looks like we have a an official Maxon User Resource/ Fan Club,

Heres the list so far:
    2. Mudfuzz
    - Bongomania gets an honorary membership for his pedal reviews, and love of maxon.
    3. syciprider
    4. James Hart
    5. Diechris

And so it begins...:hyper:

16. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Cool!

17. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    I want in!!!

18. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Heres my picture proof, Im trying out this pedal right now, Ill let you guys know if it ends up permanent on my board.

Please start suppling credentials... [​IMG]

Diechris #5

19. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Im about to order one soon!!!!

20. my credentials...

fx-final_edition.jpg

the top row left corner Nine series box is a newer Ibanez reissue AD-9 with no connection to Maxon (other than being a copy of the original Maxon made AD-9), all the other Nine series boxes are Maxon built.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021