1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

May have killed my iPod?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by EliasR, Oct 5, 2008.

1. EliasR

EliasR

Jul 29, 2008
    Anchorage
    Alright, so back in April I jailbroke my iPod touch with 1.14 firmware using ziPhones jailbreak tool. Yesterday, I decided to unjailbreak it. I accidently tripped over the cable and unplugged it. I plugged the iPod back in, but it did not detect it. The iPod just kept writing and re-writing the text "BSD root: MD0; Major 2, Minor 0". Should I just take it to best buy and have the hard drive nuked?

2. No, hold both buttons down for 10 seconds, then release the one on the top and hold for another 10 seconds. This will put it into recovery mode. Plug it back in and itunes will tell you that it has detected an ipod in recovery mode and that you have to restore to factory settings. Click restore and it will restore it. Happened to me once when I was jailbreaking mine and I missed a step back on 1.1.1 firmware.

BTW you can upgrade to 2.0.1 for free, just google 2.0.0 upgrade and follow instructions, then once that is done, update it when itunes prompts you to.

lowsound

3. Yeah, like lowsound said, you can manually put it back into factory restore.

4. EliasR

EliasR

Jul 29, 2008
    Anchorage
    Alright, I'll see if this works.

5. If it doesn't work, google ipod recovery, or ipod brick and you will find instructions. I might have the timing/which button to hold/release wrong.

lowsound

6. EliasR

EliasR

Jul 29, 2008
    Anchorage
    Nope, you were right. I got it up and working again. Thanks for the help!

7. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    No problem newb