Mb210 farts and crackles

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Widdly Scuds, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Widdly Scuds

Widdly Scuds

Oct 11, 2011
    I just bought my first real bass amp (been playing a small 25 watt traynor) and it's a GK mb210, problem is any notes played C and below on the E string cause the top left speaker to crackle. Do I just need to break them in more or bring it back?

2. Are you sure it's not the Piezo horn? There have been some issues with the horns.

3. Widdly Scuds

Widdly Scuds

Oct 11, 2011
    No the horn is always off, I tried every option I'd be fairly disappointed to find a brand new product broken

4. It sounds like you got a lemon (it happens) - take it back and a get a new one - and test drive the new one in the store before you bring it home. ;)

5. Widdly Scuds

Widdly Scuds

Oct 11, 2011
    And if it's any help I play a MIM Fender active jazz, the amp sounds amazing when it's not farting however

6. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    LOL sounds like you should exchange it for one that sounds awesome all the time bro. Hope that goes smoothly for ya

--Bomb :bassist:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021