Meatbox reissue TRS problem solved

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 254 stringer, Apr 30, 2017.

1. 254 stringer

254 stringer

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    I'm moving my Meatbox to my utility board so I can run it straight to a DI and not through my effects and amp. My question is if I split the signal with a TRS when the pedal is off is there unaffected signal passed through the the sub part. I would like to be able to kill the sub signal and leave the dry unaffected I'm wondering if I can do this with the pedal or if I need another type of splitter pedal.

Basically looking for something like this that splits the signal but one output can be switched off.
    IMG_0856.JPG

2. 254 stringer

254 stringer

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Update in case anyone else was wondering. I bought a cheap 1/4 TRS to RCA cord and two RCA to 1/4 adapters at RadioShack(I don't know why they didn't have 1/4 to 1/4 but anyway). When the Meatbox is off you get unaffected signal on the tip and ring. So I did some more experimenting and solved the problem with a boss LS-2.

I set the LS-2 to A+B mix plugged bass into input, output to amp. I ran loop B send to the Meatbox and put a jumper from send to return on loop A. I had dry signal only on the output and could switch the pedal on and off to turn the Meatbox signal on or off.
    IMG_0857.JPG