1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MEC active pickups in a fender jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by elvenkind, Mar 21, 2010.

1. elvenkind

elvenkind

Mar 20, 2010
    Has anyone ever done this before?
    I had a warwick and i replaced the pickups for batolini's but now i have these MEC actives i want to put them in my fender jazz because i dont like how these pickups make clicking noises(if anyone has advice on how to fix this please feel free to help)

but How would i go about wiring active pickups in the same

Volume volume tone setting in actives..

if anyone has an idea please feel free to contact me

Thanks

Larry

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Clicking noises? Are your pickups too high, with the strings touching them?

I'm not convinced changing pups will help till you figure out the source of the problem with the existing ones.

3. elvenkind

elvenkind

Mar 20, 2010
    yeah they are too high but with bartolini's or emg's i dont have that problem...i dont know i changed the height of the pickups and the tone changes drastically i find..i dont know.. i guess i just get into it and start playing to hard.. also the pickups are from 1976 i dont know if that makes a difference but... im kinda looking into bill lawrence ones.. any sujjestions? or SCN im not sure yet

LArry

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Mec pups are not active, only the eq in the warwicks that have active eq. The pups are passive.

5. elvenkind

elvenkind

Mar 20, 2010
    can you guide me on how to wire them?....

6. MEC does make both active and passive pickup. Not sure what they made back in 1976 though.

Charlzm likes this.
  7. elvenkind

elvenkind

Mar 20, 2010
    well the pickups them selves just have two wires attached to them.. one thick red one and one thin white one.. these pickups are from like 2005... the ones i have in my bass are from 76.. but i dont like the exposed magnets.. so im looking to change them out i have these MEC im looking to put them inside my bass...

if the pickups were active they would have wire connecting to a nine volt?

model j-act
    k208

8. I don't know much about MECs other than they come in warwicks, I remember seeing the active ones when seaching for pickups for my warmoth jazz build. I decided to go with Delanos. Maybe try emailing Warwick?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020