Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie prices?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Apr 12, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    Anyone know prices on the Powerhouse series? Looking for prices on the 4X10, 2X10, 1X15, 2X15, 2X12, 4X12, and hell the 6X10 and 8X10 if you know it. Wow i basivcally said their whole line. Anyways, anyone know new prices on these? Thanks.

Ill edit and ask the going rate for an M-Pulse 600 while im here also.

-Brian

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I think the 1x15 is at $680 or so. The 4x10 IIRC is high 7's low 8.

I'm no help, I'm gonna have to buy mine used.

3. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think the 210 run at 650 new, so do the 115's. Not sure about their larger stuff, way beyond the size of my wallet.

4. The m-Pulses are on clearance now if you can find a purple face one. MOST places are ging to eb selling them at about 10% off or more. i saw a brand new Mpulse 360 for 800, usually 1K. i think the 600's run more like 1200-1300 new but i could be wrong

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    The 360's usually run for about 800 I thought.

6. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    bump

7. I've seen the M-Pulse 600 for $1749 CAD, and the same store here in Mississauga carries the 2x15 Powerhouse for $1165 CAD, and the 4x10 Powerhouse for $1100 CAD. Hope that helps.

Peace.

8. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    I've got a deep powerhouse 2x15 that i'm looking to get rid of for around $650 plus shipping (cause it's HEAVY). :)

9. Anyone ever have an M-Pulse 600 ($1300) flip out at them? I was at Guitar Center playing a Spector Rex through an M-Pulse 600 with the gain and volume on like 2 through a powerhouse 4x10 ($700+) and 1x15($5/600?), and I turned the volume all the way down on the bass and was just sitting talking to my friend and it let out the loudest most ear shattering screech I've ever heard. The same thing has happened to me at another guitar center. Are the amps like super sensitive to crappy cords or something?

10. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Forgive the shameless self promotion, but I'm selling one in the classifieds section right now......

11. schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    bummmmmmmmmmmp

12. Whoa! What happened, Smoove? You sounded really pleased with your M-Pulse. Was it a change of heart?

13. Erm, have you tried emailing mesa, i got a pricelist (.pdf) last year from them, or a distributer off i got from them, it was all Uk prices and ive lost it, so, im no good :p

14. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    The more I play it, I'm finding that it just isn't me. Its a bit too aggressive in the midrange for my taste. I can't imagine anything better for a metal band.

15. What kind of music are you playing that you find it not to your liking?

16. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Its pretty much straight forward hard rock. Not nearly as aggressive as metal, punk, hardcore, etc. I really wish that it would fit for me as the head is built like a tank and very powerful with lots of cool features. I just can't get the sound that's in my head by using this amplifier (i.e the ever elusive quest for "that" sound). I don't want to sound like I think this is a bad amp, which its not, its just not for me I'm sorry to say.

17. Cool, thanks much for the input. Good luck finding "that sound"! Have any amps in mind already? I'm guessing you're considering all-tube...

Peace.

18. silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Finding "that sound" has got to be one of the hardest things for a bass player to do. I've got a few amps in mind, but nothing definite. What I'm considering:

Gallien-Krueger 2001RB: I had one of these for a while, but its rather short lifespan came to a close at the expense of a bright blue flash and a lot of smoke out of the front grill. It sounded great in my bedroom, but I never got to play it with the band.

Sansamp RBI + power amp: I like the tone of these setups, but I think they have a tendency (based on the BDDI) to get lost in the mix when doing anything in the upper register, particularily on the D and G strings.

Ampeg SVT-6 Pro: I normally am not a fan of the Ampeg sound, but I rather like the tone of the 3 Pro. The problem there is the rather weak output of the 3 Pro. Well, the 6 Pro is supposedly a similar tone but in a more powerful package, and with 6 preamp tubes (yikes), an adjustable tube voltage (I'm guessing this effects the gain and saturation of the tubes), plus compression and a parametric EQ section.

19. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

You've been a big booster of Mesa. Have you looked at a 400+? I'd love to know how one compares to an M-Pulse 600. :D

20. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    God kills a baby when you sell a mesa.