Mesa M Pulse 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nuggierox, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    K, so I think I want to get an M Pulse 600 ... does anyone have anything negative to say about them?
  2. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    no, i have the same symptoms though :bassist: ....
  3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Ya, it makes me use it a lot :(.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    um, I'll try...'s not a 400+ ...

did that work?

It's the best I could do.
  5. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    That's good ... because I just bought one and now I need to get rid of my Ampeg to pay for it :ninja:
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have heard some guys say that the fan is loud. I checked this out for myself today at my local GC. The fan was audible from about 10' away. It may have been louder, but that was the best I could do with all the wankers next to me on their guitars.

7. Damn, I was just going to say that I really didn't care for the 2 Mpulse 600's I played. I just couldn't them to sound tight and defined enough.
  8. Whhhaaat? What cabs were you playing through and what are you basing tight and defined off of? It was only in a store for an hour but I played an M-Pulse 600 through a Powerhouse 4x10 and 1x15 and I was in tight & punchy heaven. It totally blew away the Ampegs nearby, and had more texture and less harsh highs than the SWRs.
  9. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    ok side many watts are the m pulse 360 and 600 at the different ohmages? i really dislike how mesa never makes this clear for thier bass stuff...
  10. The first time was through a not terribly defined Ampeg HLF 410, and the second time was through a powerhouse 410. Defined... like... the 400+. I dunno. I tried a few different basses too. Not to say the Mesa wasn't KILLER LOUD and ballsy as all hell, but it just didn't have that note definition that amps like aggie and eden sound like. At least to my ears.
  11. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    Loud .... with big hairy balls .... sounds like I should be pleased ... no wait .... that sounds gay doesn't it? K ... for the record I am a HETERO sexual that likes balls on my amp ... er ... wait .. that doesn't sound right either .. uhm ... I like girls .... and good amps .... there ... doesn't sound gay. :cool:
  12. I'm sure you will like it it. Even if you won't admit to it.
  13. I used an MPulse600 for a while at into an Epifani410UL at 4ohms. Very nice head. It sounds very 'tubey' for a hybrid head. That is a good thing if you like that sound. For me, I agree with a previous comment that it just wasn't quick and punchy enough for slapping. The fast transients just weren't there. That isn't a negative comment really.... I was just surprised at how much it sounded like a traditional tube head. The quality is amazing... I hate amps with those little plastic chiclet switches, etc. The Mesa stuff is all metal and the pots, etc. feel really good. If you want a tube sound without carrying around a 50 pound+ head, I think it's a good choice.
  14. The M-Pulse 600 puts out 625 W(rms) into a 4-Ohm load, and 720 W(rms) into a 2-Ohm minimum load. Not sure about the 360.
  15. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    now ... I am looking for an 8x10 to match with it so I can get some maximum punch ... and ideas? And where would be a good place to sell my Ampeg SVT 4 without having to pay an arm and a leg (ebay)
  16. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    +1 ... What KJ said.
  17. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    who here uses them with P-basses and fingerstyle? What are your impressions? I dont slap.
  18. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Not much negative to say about the M-pulse amps other than they can be a bit boomy (depending on the venue). I played through one for about 8-9 months and sold it after I puchased my Thunderfunk. I love the sound of my TF but I really missed the sound of the Mesa and recently traded an Eden for a Walkabout head. Playing through it a few times have left me wondering why I ever got rid of the M-Pulse 600. The M-Pulse heads sound awesome on the R & B and rock tunes! Absolutely huge sound! You'd sware it had tubes in the power section!
  19. Nuggierox

Jun 29, 2003
    what kind of 8x10 cab would give me a thick aggressive tone?
  20. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002

No SpeakOn outputs?

No Mute?

No bartering on the price?

All I can think of...

Oh, the parametric EQ kinda loses me...