Messages, conversations, not working

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by tortburst, Apr 22, 2014.

1. tortburst

tortburst

Apr 1, 2007
    New Jersey
    Several replies I've sent to a member in conversations have not gone through. Even a new conversation sent to the member didn't reach him.

I submitted this issue to the contact site link at the bottom of pages, and messaged a mod. Ironically the problem may prevent that info from getting through to mods so I'm starting this thread.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    hi,
    we are getting messages at the helpdesk, so there's no problem there. I don't see any messages from you though.
    Once you type your message, are you clicking 'start a conversation' again to send the message once done?

3. tortburst

tortburst

Apr 1, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yes
    I sent you a test message.
    Maybe the issue only existed btwn me and this one user?

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    when you leave a conversation you have the option to ignore further messages on the topic or accept them. sounds like he hit ignore, I can't tell you whether he did it accidentally or on purpose :)

5. tortburst

tortburst

Apr 1, 2007
    New Jersey
    Ha thanks

6. If that happens more often what is the solution to the problem. It seems like it may be a usability concern that tb may want to look into. Speaking from firsthand experience here. :) I may have ignored someone using the app because of the size of the button or he really just didn't want to talk to me. Which I don't think so since I'm painting his bass lol.

Any help would be appreciated. Do we have an undo button?

7. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Not working for me either.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021