1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Metal...Judgement style.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bottomdweller70, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Check out some of our new recordings and let me know what you think. Just click the link to get to our myspace page.

Judgement

2. I thought we had some metal fans on here?

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Your link isnt working.

But we are a cold crowd here.

4. I dig except for the vocals.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not bad, but it's nothing that I haven't already heard.

Good luck with the group.

6. Not trying to re-invent the wheel, so-to-speak, just having some fun playing and recording some tunes.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I dig it so far.... listening....

Yep, I would buy your CD and go to your show. I like it. :bassist:

8. Nice sounding recording, very professional & very loud (which is good for the genre). Wish the bass was a bit more present and / or punchy and the guitars were a little futher back, but that's kind of picky. Nice double bass on the kit - did you sample or did you drummer hit that stuff? Sounds good either way. A good fit in your intended genre too - Lamb of God, etc.

You should be proud! Good luck!

9. Thanks! Yeah, our drummer is pretty kick ass and he hit every one of those double bass beats.

Its hard to find a niche for the bass in de-tuned playing(drop C) but I think it turned out well for the limited budget we had.

10. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Well, not my really my favorite genre, but it's definately worth thumbs up! Really good balance and overall sound quality. Rock on!

11. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I liked it. :)

12. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Sounds very good guys. I like it. You have a good sound for the genre. If I had your cd here in front of me to buy, I would make a purchase. That says alot coming from me considering all the bands around my area that play the kind of music I like. But I don't pay and attention too because they aren't doing anything interesting.

+1 for making good sounding material that is well written!!

It isn't about coming up with something new all the time.. I guess... It is just fun sometimes to see how fun you can make your songs to play.

13. Not a fan of the genre.

That being said, it's pretty good.

14. Thanks! That means alot to us. And we are just trying to have fun with it...

15. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Good stuff man. Tight recording, production sounds good. It's a hell of lot better than many bands out there. Reminds me a lot of Arch Enemy and Lamb of God.

Eternal Grave starts out relentless which is cool. The guitar break reminds me of Malevolent Creation. Your dummer is nasty, must be nice to play with someone who can float double bass like that. Vocals sound cool too. My only driticism is I would've ended that song right before you went back into the verse riff. It makes it sound a bit repetitive to me.

I'd love to see how you guys sound live. If you ever come to CT I'd come see you. Maybe we could play a show together.

16. Lunardecay

Lunardecay

Mar 6, 2006
    Very nice.
    I really like this...I record in my room for my band, and I just wish I had the experience to get that nice "crashy" sound.
    We need more heavy metal nowadays...no offence to anyone but this Emo/Pop and Rap stuff is too damn recyclable.
    Way to go, I like the vocalist as well...
    I think you guys will at least get a nice Indy lable, but I dont see this hitting the mainstream anytime soon, which you might consider it a goal not to.

17. We recorded this in a dining room(DR studios) with a Presonus Firepod and a few other plug-ins.

18. Riku

Riku

Dec 27, 2005
    Sounds nice and brutal. If you ever come to Helsinki I would definitely come see you play.

You're playing with Arch Enemy? :oops: :oops: :oops: I like them a lot, though I like your vocalist a lot more. Good luck with the band!

19. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1! Could have used the bass a little higher in the mix though... but I'm sure youl'd try and bust some subs when you play live! :bassist:

20. Yeah, the MP3 quality tends to be a bit light on the bass imo but thanks for the kind words.

We did get an opening slot on the Detroit stop of the Jagermeister tour with Chimaira, Arch Enemy, God Forbid, and Hate Eternal. So if there are any Detroit metal fans out there, we would ove to have you come on out.