Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by smeric, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeric

Jun 11, 2004
    Naperville, IL
    im a hardcore metallica fan and i was wondering who u guys think is the best bassist out of Cliff Burton, Jason Newsted, and Rob Trujillo?

i personally think Cliff Burton was the master of bass guitar
  2. bboy

Feb 23, 2004
    Although he was good, I wouldn't consider Cliff the best.

Cliff Burton: Talented, very talented. I think most of his stuff is excellent. Rumours suggest Cliff was considering leaving Metallica, to start a bass band. I think this would have been a wise move as I think he could have improved. Metallica changed a lot after Cliff`s death. He really influenced me. It was a shame he died so young. :(

Jason Newsted: In Metallica, he played the more traditional role of the bass, but I think Lars pressured him into doing so. Another very talented musician, probably more suited to Metallica than Cliff. I think he wasn`t treated as well as should have been, and his ability and talent wasn`t able to be shown in Metallica. :bassist:

Rob Trujillo: Rob is very talented, I love his work with Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies & Ozzy. I haven't heard him play with Metallica yet, live or on a CD, but I will be going to see them soon. :hyper: I have great expectations of him, I hope he can bring a bit more groove to Metallica's work.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome to Talkbass...

search, this has been covered MANY times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.