1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

METALLICA

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by smeric, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeric

smeric

Jun 11, 2004
    Naperville, IL
    im a hardcore metallica fan and i was wondering who u guys think is the best bassist out of Cliff Burton, Jason Newsted, and Rob Trujillo?

i personally think Cliff Burton was the master of bass guitar

2. bboy

bboy

Feb 23, 2004
    Although he was good, I wouldn't consider Cliff the best.

Cliff Burton: Talented, very talented. I think most of his stuff is excellent. Rumours suggest Cliff was considering leaving Metallica, to start a bass band. I think this would have been a wise move as I think he could have improved. Metallica changed a lot after Cliff`s death. He really influenced me. It was a shame he died so young. :(

Jason Newsted: In Metallica, he played the more traditional role of the bass, but I think Lars pressured him into doing so. Another very talented musician, probably more suited to Metallica than Cliff. I think he wasn`t treated as well as should have been, and his ability and talent wasn`t able to be shown in Metallica. :bassist:

Rob Trujillo: Rob is very talented, I love his work with Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies & Ozzy. I haven't heard him play with Metallica yet, live or on a CD, but I will be going to see them soon. :hyper: I have great expectations of him, I hope he can bring a bit more groove to Metallica's work.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome to Talkbass...

search, this has been covered MANY times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.