1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

metronome app suggestions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Saratogacv60, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Saratogacv60

Saratogacv60 Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Washington, DC
    I have been looking for a powerful metronome app, what are your favorite free or paid, ions or Android metronome apps. I am specifically looking for apps that give you the option to change an individual note within a measure from quarter to eighth notes as opposed to all the notes being the same. A nice variety of sounds would be nice as opposed to just click click click click.

Thank you in advance

2. LarryBama

LarryBama Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Metronomics HD… I use it on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. Very powerful. Lots of notes from whole & dotted halfs down to 1/16s and quarter & eighth triplets. Different sounds for different notes, vary volumes, drop notes, bars, etc.

Not ties to company, just satisfied user.

Saratogacv60 likes this.
  3. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I haven't tried a lot, but I like the Frozen Ape metronome. It has a lot of standard features. Cheap.

Saratogacv60 likes this.
  4. tinyd

tinyd

Mar 11, 2003
    Ireland
    Time Guru is really nice - very flexible - allows you to specify different time signatures in any order you like

5. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    For Android, I use ProMetronome. The free edition does the most common simple and compound time signatures and tap tempo, but the upgrade includes fully configurable polyrhythms with graphical 'concentric rings' display, subdivisions from 1/1 to 4/32 including various triplet combinations and any time signature you like from 1/1 to 16/32. Each beat can be accented at one of 3 levels or 'off'. Tempo seems rock solid - at least I've not experienced any issues, unlike some that seem to be at the mercy of other stuff going on with your device. The price for the full version is only a couple of bucks.

Saratogacv60 likes this.
  6. Polynome is definitely worth checking out. It seems to be geared more towards drummers, but it’s got a lot of customization features and playlist creation support.