1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Michael! Looking forward to your performance this friday!

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Nguyen van tien, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Nguyen van tien

Nguyen van tien Commercial User

Sep 5, 2019
    GTM
    I am anxiously awaiting your performance in San Rafael this Friday! I saw you in Sebastopol a few months back and in Berkley a couple months ago, it's always something to behold. I recall the show in Sebastopol after which my guitar player said something to the effect of "Man, I didn't realize how far into outer space he took us until he brought us all back!" and I couldn't stop laughing because it was so spot on. And thank you for being gracious enough to chat and take a few photos with us after the show.

Will you have any of your solo records for sale at the show?

I'd love to get some more recordings

Cheers!

Keith Hammond

gebass6 likes this.
  2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much for your kind words, Keith! The next local show I have is Sunday, October 20 at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley backing up John Gorka, and then Tuesday, October 22 at the Uptown in Oakland with Henry Kaiser et. al., playing the music of John Coltrane and Miles Davis. I will certainly bring some solo CDs along with me. Please make sure to say hello if you can make it to one of these!

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I have gone to outer music space also during several
    of Michaels performances. Always a treat.

4. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    :)

gebass6 likes this.
  5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Hello Michael, we met once thru Jim Stinnett's NH Bass Fest.
    Your duos with Jim were very inspiring.

6. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, MrLenny1! It's always such a pleasure playing with Jim.