1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Michael Tobias Bulit This?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stepswork4me, Apr 12, 2010.

1. peter pitches

peter pitches

Feb 19, 2010
    for that you have to ask him :)

2. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    ewwwwwww

3. punkrocko

punkrocko

Jun 18, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I seem to recall that. I think it was a piece donated or auctioned for some charity. I know he did several basses for charity and had kids paint them.

I’m unsure of the details of this one but I think it’s legit.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yes. I think I read about this bass earlier, but basically from time to time Michael TObias likes to make something oddball and different from his standard MTD range. This one I believe was hand painted by his son. Basically they are just things he makes for the fun of it. Whether or not you dig the body or the paint, it is a hand built MTD and would be up to the same fit and finish standards as Mikes other basses. Personally I think its about on par, looks wise, with some of EBMM's latest offerings (ie not to my taste), but that said, if you want to own something quirky thato ne of the best luthiers in the world hand built, this is a good place to start! :)

5. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    From the listing.

I highly doubt Mr. T uses Basswood.

6. Hell, I just wondered if it was legit. It's not to my tastes, but who cares... if it's done by Mr. Tobias, then it's done by the best.

7. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    He definitely built it. I know the bass and the shop. MT is always stops by there when he is in LA. However the finish is not for everyone.

8. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I like it.

9. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Looks perfect for a female CW bass player.