Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MICROkorg?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Hey guys, I really want to get into learning to use a synthesizer, but I have one curious question: Could I use this nifty little device and plug my bass in and use its many awesome effects and then line it out to my amplifier? Thanks a lot guys!

2. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    The MicroKorg is very good piece of equipment! my guitarist uses it, (as a stand up keyboard) he can get some really cool effects and synths etc from it, that we use in most of our songs, you can operate some of the effects from a floor pedal, but i think you have to hook it up to some midi rack or something, not entirely sure..

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Yes, you can run through the MicroKorg to use the vocoder and filters on your bass.

4. How does it sound ?
    I am saving my loose change to get a MS2000B and was planning on trying the same thing with it.Thanks!

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm kinda shopping around for a synth myself... and I'd love to have a MicroKorg, but man I hate mini-keys. :( That thing is just so cute though, I might break down and get it anyway (or get the MS2000B, or an Alesis Ion or Micron (the Alesis synths also do vocoding, btw.)

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Haha, it is cute, and its got some funky ass synths and presets, haha.