1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Midi foot controller for a Source Audio BEF

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nextdimension, Jul 11, 2012.

1. nextdimension

nextdimension

Jan 30, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hi I use a SA BEF pro and I want to hook it up to a midi pedal so that I can save a lot more presets. I've never messed with anything like this before so I really don't know what my options are. Anyone here hook there BEF up to a midi unit? Any suggestions?

2. thewildest

thewildest

May 25, 2011
    Montreal
    The Midi foot controllers around are mostly generic and can be used with 99% of the midi-capable devices you have around.... in other words, most of the available choices in the market would make this possible for you.

Looking at how compact your unit is, probably a small controller that offers you program changes (up.down) like Rocktron's Midi Mate would do the trick. If you want to jump through the patches you may need something that helps you navigate better, perhaps a Behringer FCB1010, but is bulky, big and difficult to program manually. I would go with an FCB if you have other midi-capable devices you want to change at the same time, then it would be justified.

I use the Logidy UMI3, which is USB, and is small, simple, rugged, perfect. Perhaps you can put a USB to MIDI cable and get this done, and send program changes (Up/Down) directly to the unit.

I hope this helps.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You can't save more presets using a MIDI controller.

4. nextdimension

nextdimension

Jan 30, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Cool I'll look into those
    The manual says I can

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    No, it doesn't :)

Which part are you looking at that's making you think you can do this?

6. nextdimension

nextdimension

Jan 30, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Damn, just looked again. I guess your right. There were some people on the OBW facebook page who must have also misunderstood and mislead me. Well damn, the next version should have that option. I have 6 presets saved already and I want more, this pedal can do to many things for only 6 presets.