1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mighty Mite/Fender P bass build

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by FunkyHarris561, Jan 12, 2012.

1. I was debating buying a seafoam green Mighty Mite body, a fender precision bass neck and a tortoise shell loaded precision bass pickguard from "The STRATOsphere" on ebay. I was wondering if i could get someones input as to if this will work or not. I really wants a sea foam green fender p bass and this is the option I want to take but I want to be sure that it will work out first. Any suggestions?:bassist:

2. Tom The Bomb

Tom The Bomb

Jul 30, 2013
    If it is a "precision bass" it probably would work out fine. ESPECIALLY if coming from the same seller. Personally I think that would be a nice looking Bass.

3. I have a Mighty Mite Maple Jazz neck on my CIJ Jag bass that I love to death. I'm just not a blocks and binding type of guy so grabbed the MM Maple neck as a temp while I saved up for a fancy Warmoth maple honey, but honestly, once it was on there I was totally satisfied.

On the other hand, I also have a Mighty Mite jazz body, unfinished swamp ash, that weighs about 3 pounds more than a ship's anchor. I put a Mighty Mite RW jazz neck on this one and that neck is just absolutely lovely to play. So in my experience I like their necks quite a bit more than the one MM body I have. Maybe check out the bodies over at Guitar Fetish.