1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MIJ Geddy Jazz good for funk/disco?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by papaya9, Sep 6, 2008.

1. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks if you can give your opinion. I see a lot of these Geddy Lees being sold everywhere (craigslist, etc) Is there something wrong with them? Thanks

K

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The Gedddy Lee is just a Jazz bass with Seventies styling and a very thin neck. It will be great for disco or funk. Alot are for sale because they are very common basses.

3. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Fantastic bass for the money. You would be hard pressed to find a genre it couldn't sit well in.

4. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    Thank you Dr. Cheese!

Scott- Thank you too :)

Will let you know if I get the Geddy Lee bass (Wife will kill me!)

Regards

Kurt

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Absolotely! Great bass for any kind of music IMO. Also, a great deal if you can find a ued one in the $500-600 range.

6. yanikins

yanikins

Sep 6, 2008
    Gold Coast
    Its my weapon of choice and i cant fault it. Actually I can. We have just had the winter to spring change and ive had to give the truss rod a tweak to get the neck to curve a bit. It was near dead flat, which while the slap sounded pure awesome, i play heavy rock, and i needed to get some height in the action. Because the necks are so thin, they can be prone to needing set ups every so often to accomodate climatic changes. Or so i have been told. But seriously man, awesome sounding bass. Well built, pretty, (although i replaced my scratchplate with a custom checker plate number) and just all round goodness. Personally i am stoked with it.

7. papaya9

papaya9

Apr 4, 2003
    Thank you Baird and Yanikins. Appreciate your opinions! Sounds great.

8. this is a great bass. i play hiphop, jazz, funk, dub/reggae, rock and punk and this bass works for all of it. i have to sell my to pay the bills, which is a real drag. but i have an american P that i just cant part with, so the geddys got to move on and enrich someone elses life.

9. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    why oh why didn't geddy lee play 5-string???? such an awesome bass and it's not available as a 5er.

hmmf. :spit: