Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Matthews' victory

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BbbyBld, Dec 17, 2005.

1. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Mike Matthews, the founder of Electro Harmonix, just won a lawsuit in Russia this week. He owns the New Sensor Corporation that makes Sovtek tubes. Anyway, a real estate company was trying to muscle him out, which would have closed down one of the last and best tube manufacturers left in the world. I was relieved to find out he won! Long live tubes! :hyper:

2. firebass 1

firebass 1

Dec 16, 2005
    I put some a set of 4 sovtec 6550s in my old sunn bass amp. Not a bad replacement for the original GE's. I second long live tubes!!!!

3. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY

hey- i don't "not believe" you, i really want to-= where did you hear this information? can you provide a link?

if this is true- it's a good day for tubeheads everywhere.

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    If this is legit, it's very good news...

I'm not worried that he'd prevail.. Russia likes US$.. and since a good 95% of the world's tubes come from that factory, it would kill the music industry.

If this was a US case, he'd be filing RICO against the real estate firm..

Anyway, It's still good news.. someone got some verification?

5. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    This is fact. There is no link...yet. I work at a place where I had inside knowledge of this. I'm sorry I can't prove it to you, but I'm sure this news will break very soon on a large scale. I know what this could have meant, and I have been depressed over it for a week until I found out the good news.

When I first found out about the case, I wanted to post a "go out and buy a lot of tubes now post," but I did not want to start a panic.

6. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    please don't take this personally, but until i see it confirmed with a link- i'm going to continue to be bummed out...

i've heard a lot of "insider info" on gear boards over the last few years and rarely has it been correct... (like jj's fabled ef86)