1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mini Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Oct 12, 2010.

1. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I'd definitely like to try one, along with the forthcoming Plutoneum mini bass wah.

2. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    Any reports on either? I would love a wah I could squeeze on my pedaltrain mini!

3. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    +1

very small ... would like to test one ... currently looking for a good new wah ...
    img_0125.jpg

4. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I would love to hear if either works good for bass.

5. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Well, whenever the bass chi wah wah comes around, I'll probably nab one. I love my bass wowee, but there's always room for more filters!

6. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
  7. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, but I like the look of that Plutoneum one.

8. Explorer

Explorer

Jul 4, 2010
    Chi-Wah-Wah - 5 1/4" long x 2 7/8" w x 3 1/3" h

DOD FX-17 - 5" long x 3" w x 2" h

I originally found the DOD FX-17 after being intrigued by the size of the Chi-Wah-Wah. Since it normally runs around $50 to $90, I picked up a couple, and still have spent less on them then on a single Chi-Wah-Wah.

The DOD has trimmers to adjust both the width of the wah sweep and the center of the range. It works great on my eight-string extended range guitar, and the bottom four strings of my ERG are the same as a four-string electric bass.

It's possible the Chi-Wah-Wah has some ineffable quality which my DOD pedals lack... but being able to buy a used FX-17 and a Boss SYB for the same price is a very definable quality. *laugh*

9. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I took a complete flyer on the Morley Maverick Mini Wah. It is switchless (like a Vai or Lynch guitar wah), which kind of piqued my interest. We'll see how both the sound is and the operation once it arrives.

10. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    Tell me/us more about the G-Lab Wowee Wah ... me, the idiot, ordered one but it was the guitar version, sold it again and now waiting for a good deal on the bass version.

11. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    I put up a quick'n crappy clip in this post in another thread. As for speaking about it, to what end? Anything specific you'd like to know?

12. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I got my Morley Maverick Mini Wah today. I will hook it up tonight and do a side by side with my EBS WahOne.

13. NOLA Bass

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I love the size, fits perfectly on a Pedaltrain Mini. However, it really cuts the bass and is boosted on the top end. It looks like we need that Bass Chi Wah Wah!