1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Missing: Black MIA jazz 5 wOBP3 shipping problem

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by JonathanD, Jul 6, 2007.

1. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey guys. I am a little shaky on what is going on, bt it has to be bad. The short and skinny is that if you see this bass please let me know. The story may be of interst to anyone shipping UPS, Fedex, DHL.

I bought a bass on the forum recently and here is a link to the sale. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344297
    It was shipped DHL with Sig. Required.
    MrDak was great and got it out ASAP and sent me a tracking number.

Today I come home and check to see where it is in transit and the DHL site says it was signed for at my apartment. So I check the apartment and ask my wife(soon to be) if she signed for it. She didn't. She didn't evenhear the door and our 2 dogs didn't bark at the door... they bark at everything. I ask my nieghbors and the business next door and they have no idea. One person did see the DHL guy park his truck and go around to my side of the building.

Funny thing is that it has a signature on DHL and it says a receptionist signed for it. There is not apartment office here.
    I live on a very busy street and only abot 15 feet from the street itself with no porch or cover. I have no idea what is going on and DHL will not be getting back to me till monday becase the driver had already gone home.

Anyway, I dont know what to do. I dont want to file a report if he just didn't pll it off his truck but if someone happened to sign for it I am sure the bass will be long gone by monday.

Keep your eyes open,
    Jonathan

2. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Man - that really stinks. You'd think that the deliver guys would ask for ID or something. Hope you find it.

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    the very few experiences I've had with DHL were flat out aweful!!

hopefully it'll show up soon.

4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Surely if you act quick enough the driver would remember exactly who and where he delivered it.

I would look into police report possibly (and get the serial #) so if it is pawned you may get it back?

I would watch EBAY like a hawk as well.

I hope it turns out good for you .

5. Basshole

Basshole Inactive

Jan 28, 2005
    ALL couriers suck, and walk away from their responsibilities when convenient. DHL is among the WORST. Start using words like LAWSUIT early in the conversation, perhaps mentioning the name of you legal counsel. I doubt it will help, but it's worth a try. I once got a bit more attention from UPS on a claim, when I showed up with a large shoulder mounted camera, replete with video lights, and started asking for answers. In less than five minutes I was talking to a district supervisor.

6. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Any updates Jonathan?

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about DHL but where I work that's a great way to get people to stop communicating with you. When threatened with a lawsuit we flag accounts and the customer then has to contact our legal department to get it cleared (not mentioning names). I'd try going through channels first before deciding to be "that guy" who threatens a lawsuit the moment something isn't to their liking. Yes, it sucks. Was the shipment insured?

* I would also like to add whenever I have something expensive shipped to me instead of relying on someone to be avail when the courier shows up I have it delivered to the local UPS Store and they charge $5 per package they receive for me. I just let them know when I'm expecting a package and they hold it for me. I realize this won't work retroactively, but for future orders it's certainly worth considering.

8. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Did you ever find your bass?

9. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    1st Call the carrier and speak to a supervisor. 9 times out 10 that fixes the issue. This has happened to me several times ( not with basses). Usually a good supervisor will track the item down and get it to you. I had a DHL supervisor personally drive my package to my house once. It' seem every carrier these days scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to hireing. I have found my packages 2 or 3 doors down:(

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021