1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

mixer woes.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Apr 6, 2006.

1. hey guys after a year with toying around with the idea i'm finally setting up my little home studio the way it should be. i'm using a behringer ub1202 mixer that i've had for quite a while and recently ran the rca outs to my stereo and hte output is so low it's barely audible. whats up? is that not what these outputs are for? i'm looking for a new mixer regardless, checking out the new behringers as well as the alesis line. i don't need anything huge. 4 mic inputs, some stereo ins, basic stuff, phantom power for my condensers is a plus, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great :) thanks guys.

topher.

2. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    I know this isn't what you asked for, but I can't help it. I've been back and forth with you on the Behringer product you just purchased, so I thought I'd show you what I got my eye on as far as mixers go.

http://www.mackie.com/products/onyx1640/index.html

With the firewire option.......wow.

I guess the reason I figured I'd post it is because it can be used as your mixer for live performance and recording at home or recording and mixing at shows. How cool would that be? To be able to record separate tracks at a live performance and mix them later......Course ...I may not know what I'm talking about.....wouldn't be the first time.

3. wow. that is awesome. i'd love that :) 550 though, ouch haha. unfortunatly i'm a poor college student. i'm looking at a yamaha mixer right now actually., or a new behringer, i'm torn but we shall see.

4. Yamaha MG 12/4

^ These desk by Yamaha are nice, I've used one of several occasions for live stuff but not recording.

As for the current mixer issue, other than suggesting you double check that you are using the main mix output and everything is turned up thats all I can think of at the mo.
    BTW: Didn't mean the above in a rude way but I sometimes stand at mixers going "why won't this work" and i've got master down or something simple like that.

Hope that helps.

5. My mates got that exact same mixer - its got Focusrite preamps in it...one of the cheapest best quality desks out there IMO

(well...I know it beats the Behringer hands down for signal/noise ratio...and I'm not even slagging them off)