1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixing a Bergantino HD112 with a CN112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SpinyNorman, Nov 5, 2013.

1. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman

Oct 24, 2012
    I have an HD112 that I believe is a fantastic cabinet, and I've been scouting the used market for a reasonably priced matching cabinet with little luck. When the CN112 first came out, there was a flurry of used HD's available, but that seems to have dried up.

I've noticed a handful of used CN112's recently, and I was thinking about picking one up to pair with the HD112. From the specs, it appears that the 2 cabinets are identical, except for the driver.

Now, I understand that the stock answer will be "don't mix cabinets/drivers". OTOH, having a lightweight 12 to cart around when only a single cabinet is needed would be a nice bonus, as the HD is not what one would call svelte.

Are the tones of the two cabinets complementary, or would they be at odds with each other?

Thoughts?

2. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    I say mix away. I've got two HD112s and have played the CN112- just a little lacking in the gut but a fantastic sounding cab. The tones are more similar than different

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    No personal experience from me but I believe that some in the mega thread have tried this combo and really like it.

4. I say go for it. They're the same brand, same driver size, and same rating. One will just be lighter than the other. I'd expect the tones to be similar too, although not identical.

5. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Put the one you want to hear more on top.

6. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman

Oct 24, 2012
    Yeah, I'll think I'll give it a try. The resale market is great, so if I don't like the mixed rig, I can always unload the cab I like least. Thanks.