1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MM count- sterling and ray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Worshiper, May 10, 2006.

1. I have 1 Sterling

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. I have 1 Stingray

30 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. I have more sterlings than rays

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. I have more rays than sterlings

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. I have an equal number of both

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    It seems that the stingray lovers outnumber the sterling lovers greatly. I want to see if this is true, or just due to a silent majority. What do you all own, a sterling, or a ray?

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I don't own one just yet.
    But i've decided that my next one will be a MM Sterling.

Mainly because I love thinner necks.

-mark

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Sterling, wanted one for about a year, just got it last week!

4. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    It's kind-of like P vs Jazz.
    My vote goes for the P, uhh, I mean the StingRay.

5. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    sorry, I should have made the first two options "at least one." Bu ttechnically that way is not wrong. By the way, I am personally planning on getting a sterling. I am in love...(sigh):rolleyes:

6. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    i just sold my Ray 5 today which is the only Ray i have ever owned. i have owned about 10 sterlings, including the 2 i own currently. unless a schmokin' deal comes up, i likely will never own a Ray again.

7. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    why is that?

8. Im a Ray owner. I love it!! The neck is great, the sound is great...it looks good. I have only played a couple of sterlings, but some reason I can't go past the stingray. Next in the collection will probably be a stingray 5 fretless.

Out of interest...Do you own a either basses Worshiper??

Here are a couple of pics of my ray (im always looking for an oportunity to show it off!!)

9. you need to have an option for pepole that dont have a stingray or sterling

10. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Where's that Bongo option?

But I do still own a Stingray 5.

11. I own 1 SR5.

12. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I've had my 'Ray since 1980. What a great sounding bass it is! :)

13. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    granted, mine was a 5 (not much of a 5 player) but as far as 4's are concerned, i much prefer the narrower neck profile and smaller body of the sterling. i'm just not comfortable with wider necks and larger bodies. that's all.

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I own 4 Rays(3 fours and 1 five string).

15. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    Um, not at the moment. i will most likely own a sterling by the end of the summer, or at least place an order for one. As of now, I am part of the school of bongo. :D

16. I have 2 Stingray 5ers and one Sterling. That's about to change. As soon as I get motivated to take a picture I'm selling one of the 5 strings.

17. jamfree

jamfree

Nov 10, 2005
    I had a black sterling, rosewood, silver knobs..it was stolen last week out of my house. I am very upset about it. They can have my dvd player, my pa, my cameras..but my bass? Man..there are some bad bad people in the world.

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Sounds like somebody you know or had come into contact with briefly,did you have an audition at your place recently?do you have any friends that you suspect may be having a serious drug problem?

19. jamfree

jamfree

Nov 10, 2005
    No auditions but a former bandmate has a debilitating drug problem. (Why he's gone). It wasn't him though unless he worked through third parties..which Is possible I suppose. My neighbors saw the four guys who did it, got descriptions, got a make/model and even a license plate, of course Houston PD hasn't assigned a detective to my case yet.

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Was the MM the only thing taken?if it was that indicates that the Bass was what they were focused on and if you think that this was done by parties you may not know it would seem likely that some one sent them to get your Bass.