1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MM Stingray battery box shenanigans.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SharkMagician, Jun 4, 2014.

1. SharkMagician

SharkMagician

Dec 11, 2013
    Long story short; the cables from the contact of the battery box to the pre-amp disconnected. It's a pretty clean split if it matters. I have a picture that I'll upload as soon as my internet stops acting out.

My understanding is that if I strip the wires a bit and solder them back to the box with the correct polarity it should be fine, correct? That's what I've gathered from the goggling I've made, but I haven't found anything that specifically addresses this issue so I thought I should ask before I touch anything.

If not, is it possible to install one of the battery boxes from Stewie Mac without having much experience?

I realize it may look like I have it figured out but I just want a little reassurance before I do anything to mah baby.

Also, I got a soldering kit just for this, I'm an absolute newbie "solderer" so I'd highly appreciate links and thinks to look out for.

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    make sure you use the pencil tip on the iron. its easy to melt the plastic box. its an easy fix though if youre careful. swapping in another gotoh box is easy as well if something goes wrong.