1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modern Classics...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zachoff, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Can't help but think the Lakland Decade will become a modern classic.

Truth be told I've never played one, but the fact that not too many of them were made coupled with the fact that not too many of them were made, tripled with the fact that they're pretty awesome sounding and playing basses... I don't see how it couldn't be. Your thoughts?

2. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Umm...I think the 44/55 94 series probably has more potential to make it to that status. For the record, I've only played a Glaub.

3. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    :confused:

4. SherwoodGreen

SherwoodGreen Banned

Dec 25, 2012
    ...There's also the fact that not too many of them were made.

Seriously, I had a Darkstar'd USA Decade, fantastic neck, "typical" Lakland top-rate build. Liked it, did not love it though. Sold it.
    Great basses, but I don't feel destined for Classic status whatever that may be.
    Now the 94 series, I think they already may be!
    I am looking at getting one soon!

5. Mark4

Mark4

Oct 21, 2007
    I'd say Ibanez Soundgear and other popular instruments designed in the past 30 or so years with a late 20th - early 21st century vibe. Laklands are great basses, I'm not knocking them, but they're vintage-style designs. Not modern classic in the sense of bringing to mind the contemporary era.

FWIW, I don't own an Ibanez.