1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modified Stagg BC300

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wiater, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Wiater

Wiater

Mar 12, 2013
    Hello there everyone, I was planning on getting a decent 4 string bass but since i haven't got much money at the moment i was thinking of selling my very old stagg bc300.

The question is, how much do you reckon i could get for it if I was to sell it on an auction?

Brand new it's worth ~£130-160, but i've literally stripped it down to the wood and replaced most of the bad quality hardware with jackson tuners, EMG active PJ set (£140) with all electronics, and a wilkinson bridge.

Thanks in advance :)
    Matt

2. Dont know the situation in UK, but here in Poland, Stagg is considered as a crappy guitar brand (thats not my word, to me the bad guitars doesnt exist, there are just guitars that needs some help).
    If I'd sell this in Poland, I'd sell the replaced parts seperately, and the bass itself with the old parts. You'll get surely more money than its worth with them equipped. Like I always kept saying - you want a fantasy guitar shape, but have no money for it ? Get yourself a cheap chinese bass, sell the hardware you wont need (like body, pickguard etc.) and order a fancy body at nearest carpenter workplace. It would be the cheapest alternative, because the bass itself is cheaper than used materials seperately.
    But I have to say it one more time - this is the Polish reality. If UK does it different way, forget about my words.