1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modtone Bass XL Preamp and Compressor Effects Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Alexii, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Alexii

Alexii

Jan 11, 2018
    I was wondering if anyone has used the modtone bass xl Preamp and Compressor Effects Pedal with their other pedals as a working compressor. I frequently need compression on my distortion pedal and would like to have the option of a DI in live gigs. My Ampeg does not have XLR direct out so it would be useful.
    I am mostly curious if this pedal would be good as dual purpose pedal and as a compression. There is very little out there about this pedal and I have been disappointed with Modtone in the past. I am willing to give it another chance.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I just saw this pedal today and was wondering if anyone has tried one?

3. Albino RyNo

Albino RyNo

Jan 20, 2016
    I've only found one YouTube demo of this pedal and it's pretty much a garbage demo.

Has anybody been able to try one out?
    Does anybody have any experience with ModTone in general?
    Are they a cheapo pedal company or is their stuff well built?

I'm in the market for a preamp with compression and I've been eyeing the TC Electronic SpectraDrive, the EHX Batallion and the LR Baggs Stadium Bass when I came across this pedal form ModTone so I'm trying to revive this old thread.

4. Wes275

Wes275

Sep 10, 2018
    Did anyone ever try this out?

5. MojoPenguin

MojoPenguin

Jul 11, 2014
    Europe Bro'
    Hmm o_O, guys is it just me or this looks just like a reskin of the recent Harley Benton DI ? Because if it is, this version is $75 ...
    12349962_800.

6. MxfmMod1k

MxfmMod1k

Jan 1, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I got a deal on one on reverb. Idk when it comes, but I'll do a worthy test for it when it comes