Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

monopoly

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Feb 1, 2006.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey any monopoly players here? Me and my old man (the king of monopoly) Has had a few games and we are getting very heated up about the best way to play. I like to play the slum lord part and he goes straight for the higher priced areas. IO also hide several hundred dollars and the board so he has no idea how much cash I have. Any other great monopoly players here?

2. That's pretty funny about hiding the cash. I've played with others that do that. I don't play enough to have a strategy, but that game would spark tremendous arguments.

Everyone's house rules are also pretty entertaining as well. The Free Parking money pot or letting people by if they can't pay/making side deals. We all used to gang up on this tycoon friend of ours. He was a ruthless player and we'd take pleasure in knocking him out.

3. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

We always played like poker where you have to have all the money on the table. You could stack it to conceal it somewhat. I actually went the way of getting the mid-high price things like the red and green ones. They hit you after you don't have as much money. The ones right after GO just make you pay part of the 200 you just got. Railroads always seemed like a good investment, too.

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Sorry this thread got moved and i forgot about it. Oh yeah hiding money is funny because the other people think youre broke and they laugh at you till you crush them!!!

5. I ALWAYS hide my money and bluff as much as possible. I don't cheat but I do my best to cause deceit.

6. I only play if I can be the race car. If not I have a hissy fit.

7. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Thats my wife for ya! She will not play the game if she can not be the shoe. I like the battle ship.

8. My dad was always the thimble since he was a tailor... seriously. He'd get pretty chapped about us tossing him that piece right off the bat.

I use to grab yoda or a small Star Wars figure. If they'd protest, then I'd go for the cannon.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I read somewhere that someone statistically found out that the red properties (or dark orange depending on your board, the ones right after Free Parking with Illinois and Indiana) are the most landed-on spots. Always a good investment. I usually try to get the whole row of purple (St. Charles place purple), orange, and red. If you can get a whole side of the board, you're sitting pretty good.

10. its kinda off topic but it has to do with monopoly. has anyone heard the "bit" dane cook had on monopoly? He is a silly guy.