1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Moody Strap question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stingrayz, May 15, 2006.

1. Stingrayz

Stingrayz

Jan 15, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hiya guys,

I was thinking of getting a Moody Strap, but im not sure what i should get as the strap backing, Leather or Suede ? anyone wanna give me a review and their opinion of which is better and why ?

Thank you

2. Get the Talkbass one in the TB store.
    -Alex

3. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    SD
    I've got two Moody straps both with suede backing. They are great straps for sure. I can't think of a reason to invest the extra $35.78 to get the leather backing.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 If I was going to pay for that kind of strap I would deffinetly get the Talk Bass one. :bassist:

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Suede is better in my opinion, becasue it doesn't slip on your shoulder as easily. So less neck dive.

physics likes this.
  6. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    +1 ... I have two 4" straps with the suede backing and they are definitely the most comfortable. I don't see a reason to go with leather backing

7. Stingrayz

Stingrayz

Jan 15, 2006
    Kuwait
    Hmm the talk bass straps look cool, but how do i order the longer strap ? do i buy the strap and the extra adjustment thing ?

Thank you

8. moodyleather

moodyleather

Jun 2, 2005
    If you order suede it will help hold the instrument in place (ie. neck heavy)...if you move your instrument around...the buttery soft leather (glove leather) would be best. Feel free to call us here in the office anytime with these kinds of questions~it often comes down to personal preferance~ BUT~ if you want the KICK ASS bass cleff ~ they are exclusive the talkbass.com and are suede backed only...

9. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Definately get the Talkbass one. It's worth it. The suede is great.

10. physics

physics

Aug 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    I just got the 4" suede-backed strap in all black and love it. It looks gorgeous, is extremely well made, comfortable on my shoulder and keeps my slightly neck heavy TBird from slipping. I like the fact that it's not padded, with supple leather that conforms very nicely to the contours of my shoulder and distributes the weight of the bass evenly.

11. tonequixote

tonequixote

Feb 6, 2004
    Maine
    I've owned 2 3" leather backed straps. Never had a problem with slipping . Always stayed in place.