1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moog Expression Pedal options

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Max Roberts, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Hi,

I've just bought a Moog Low Pass Filter and I need an expression pedal, preferably cheap, durable and smallish. I ordered one from my local Moog dealer but they have none in stock and they say more will come in at the end of April, I am the most inpatient guy ever so I need an expression pedal!:p.

I believe the moogs need a special type of expression pedal, am I right? If it is some different kind I need please could someone explain to me the differences in the types (in total newbie language please ;))?

Thanks! Max.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    They need a CV pedal. Personally I'd use the Toneczar pedal, but YMMV.

The EP-2 is the cheapest piece of plastic rubbish ever.

3. moogerfoogers actually do not need a CV pedal. expression pedals work fine.

4. rottenramone

rottenramone

Dec 11, 2003
    u can use keyboard expression pedals like the m-audio ones. i'm using those.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I used my Alesis F2 expression pedal with the Moog, it worked great! One of the nice things about that one is it has a polarity switch for matching with different systems.

6. Thanks for the replies.

I think I might try to track down an Alesis F2 then, it's a shame they have been discontinued.

7. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    yamaha fc-7 is what I use.... about 40 usd.
    metal plate, rubber dress...