1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Moog Guitar

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BawanaRik, Aug 14, 2012.

1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    OK, it may not be an effect but it's more of an effect than a guitar.

Got a line. It's not cheap. Has anyone played one of these. It will mean selling something that I really enjoy. I've been selling and it's getting near the bone. Will this thing be more happy making that a fine no trick guitar like a McInturff?

And really my question is "Why no Moog Bass Guitar?". If that 's coming I'll wait.

Let's hear from the peanut gallery. Hopefully someone who's actually played one of these babies.

For years I've always told people that rather than buy a guiatr snyth learn to play a keyboard snyth. Ever since I've known him my friend Heabteab has been telling me to start following my own advice. Is this one of those times?

2. CptRevell

CptRevell

Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I've never played the Moog guitar. It sure sounds nice on demos though.

I have a Roland G-77 synth bass, and a modern version of that would be spectacular, especially with sustainers/filters built into the bass itself.

3. yama6patatuci

yama6patatuci

Aug 22, 2014
    Btw while on the topic of Moog sounds, is there a way to get something similar to a Moog analog sound effect from a bass guitar when using a Zoom B2 effects pedal? Looking for a sound similar to what's used in the song "The Best of Me" by David Foster and Olivia Newton John. Hoping there is an option vs actually having to buy a Moog analog synth etc.