1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moving from Eden to Markbass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by raferalston, Feb 21, 2013.

1. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    What would be the most logical move, model wise, from an Eden WT800 to a Markbass? The Little Mark Tube 800?

2. Logical? Why would you want to move from Eden to Markbass in the first place?

3. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    +1

4. :eek: :rollno: :scowl: :eyebrow:

5. +2

6. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    +3... My WT800C D210XLT D210XST is my beast!

7. MickyZ

MickyZ

Jul 17, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    IMHO that's a step down/backwards. You (perhaps) gain a little portability, but lose EQ control, compression, and some degree of flexibility. I have a WT800 and a Markbass Big Bang, and they're two different kettles of fish.

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I had an Eden amp and to me there is not another amp as warm sounding as an Eden that I've tried and that's why I sold mine it was too warm I couldn't get any crunch out of it even with pedals I swore that thing had some kind of magical tubes in it.

9. I remember someone recently saying they found them similar.

And guys........The gentleman asked a question. I totally get if someone wants a lightweight Eden 800WT. (even though he is wrong :D)

10. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't really dig Eden stuff, so I think any move is a good idea. Power ratings are about the same, although the MB won't go to 2 OHM. The 20lbs weight difference shouldn't be a huge deal. Have you played around with Markbass stuff in the past?

11. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I've owned both an Eden WT405 and Little Mark LMlll and they do sound very similar. The Eden has silkier highs - very elegant sounding. That's the biggest difference tonally.
    The Eden has a ton more features, the LM more portable.
    The LMlll was easier for me to get my tone out of. That's a personal thing and YMMV. I wound up keeping the LMlll just for that reason. The EQ points on the 405 were too similar to my main bass so they were duplicating each other making adjustments more difficult.

There are reasons such as these why someone would prefer one over the other. Let's try to help the OP.
    Sorry, I don't have experience with the 800. I do think it has more EQ than the 405.

12. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    The reason for the move is mainly that it's becoming harder and harder to find good, used MIA Eden stuff.

(Also, the weight helps...but is nearly an afterthought.)

13. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    +10 :banghead::screwy::eek:

14. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    You really think Eden is that much better or are there just a lot of Markbass haters on here?

15. no eden experience,i do own markbass and can tell you their amps are solid.

16. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    Same here. No problems.

17. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I like them both but like everything it comes down to what you like and what fits for "you" OP I would suggest you take your bass and go on the hunt for a Markbass amp I know GC has a ton of them and it's the only way you are going to know for sure.

18. Myself, I like both, just Eden a bit more :)

19. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Ok, here's an impartial reply. I have no great love for either. BUT, here are the questions you need to ask yourself before swapping amps. 1) what cabs are you using? 2) what is their combined impedance? 3) will the new MB head be compatible with that load? If all is good on that front, buy and use whatever amp makes you happy.

20. musicianary

musicianary

Jun 23, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    OP - If you must switch, go for the TTE800 head. IMHO