1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mabis2012, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Mabis2012

Mabis2012

Mar 25, 2006
    i'm interested in peoples opinions that own MTD basses, uve heard really good things about them.....do tell

2. I have a saratoga fretless 5er and a grendel 4er - essentially the same bass, but different woods - same design.

Ones a Czech, and ones Korean (saratogas are Korean)but are great quality nonetheless, and for the price great basses.
    Very versatile - you can get the deep tone or the real bridgy tone - character of the J bass which is what they are pickupwise. I don't really sue the two band EQ, but the mid level switch does come in handy. Great Feel, great sound.

I don't really have any experience with the American made ones, but i've been to Mike's shop and they really are amazing basses

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My kingston (korean) is a great, great bass.

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Every one I've ever played was fantastic.

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I only have experience with the USA MTD's, but IMHO, they're incredible by any standards. Unbelievable clarity, rich tone, huge versatility, effortless playability, and stunning beauty.

6. zeronyne

zeronyne Recovering Keyboard Player

Nov 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I happened to play a 535 at Sam Ash in NYC two weeks ago while visiting for a gathering from another forum. It was the best new neck and fretboard I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The fit and finish just reeked of perfection.

7. The MTD USA basses are among the finest basses ever made. I am proud to own 5 with another one just being completed, and each one is a unique masterpiece that plays and sounds wonderful.

The MTD imports are good players and great value.

You can't go wrong with one.

8. Georges Abitbol

Georges Abitbol Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2005
    Paris, France
  9. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

The USA basses are simply wonderful. They are umong my top 3 or 4 favorite basses of all time.

10. All I can tell you is that for me it is the perfect bass!!! i have tried a Lot of basses and nothing I have used comes close to the sound of the MTD's...