1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD & Roscoe Bartolini Pups: What's their retail alternative?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DeWe, Nov 3, 2013.

1. DeWe

DeWe

May 7, 2011
    Hello,

I've been planning to have my first custom bass built and I am at the point of selecting electronics & pups.

I'm totally sold out to MTD Barts, Roscoe's as well but since they are manufacturer specific, I don't know what to buy instead.

My bass is gonna be: Alder with mahogany core or solid body alder with 5pc maple/bubinga neck with Indian or Brazilian rosewood. Hipshot ultralights and A type bridge.

So here is the tone I'd like to get:

Thanks for the comments in advance.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Regular Barts will get you there.

3. DeWe

DeWe

May 7, 2011
    Means, MK5?

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yep, I have MK5's in my Lakland. Love them!

5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Roscoe will sell their custom Barts if you ask them.

6. DeWe

DeWe

May 7, 2011
    I've got MK5CBC set with 5.4 A/P preamp. Lets see how it goes with my first custom bass. Thank you.

7. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    those should get you pretty close i should think..

I think you can actually purchase the roscoe barts... im actually looking into buying some nordstrands for my roscoe, so i may have some barts to sell if yours dont do it for you

8. DeWe

DeWe

May 7, 2011
    Thanks for the orffer but the problem is my residence & customs tax. I ordered via my luthier from bestbastgear which he had good experiences from.