1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

multi effect rack quest

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fo0dude, Aug 26, 2012.

1. fo0dude

fo0dude

Aug 26, 2012
    i'm searching for a multi effect rack unit that's in the price range for 100 - 300, anyone have any good thoughts?
    (other wise i'm gonna by a zoom b3, but i preffer a rack)

2. That's a tall order there. What will you be using it for? What kind of music? The only half decent one I can think of is maybe a pod pro or xt pro used. I have a b3 ATM and think it sounds better, but it depends what you're using it for.

3. Goteky45

Goteky45

Oct 30, 2009
    Portugal
    behringer bass v-amp pro. It's pretty good and reliable. there's a megathread somwehere on the Amps forum. check it

4. Jeffrey Wash

Jeffrey Wash Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Santa Cruz
    Check out the TC Electronics M-One XL. I think it sounds really good and it isn't very expensive, relative to other gizmos in it's class.

5. I recently got a Boss VF-1 (24bit multi-FX in a half rack size) for around $200 with which I'm pretty happy.

Peter

6. I second the VF-1. The TC M-One is a nice unit, but doesn't really have much in the way of effects beyond delay and reverb.

7. fo0dude

fo0dude

Aug 26, 2012
    can i still buy the vf-1, i thought they were discontinued

8. fo0dude

fo0dude

Aug 26, 2012
    i mainly play hardcore, metalcore and djent

9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Oh that's easy then! Seriously--you absolutely do not need any multi-fx unit. You need a big amp and maybe one or two distortions to choose between.

10. Yes, discontinued...but available used.

Decent units. Better (analog) distortions/OD's on the Boss SE-70, though. Though the switching isn't as smooth as the VF-1.