Music Collaboration Game! (survey)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JamRight, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JamRight

JamRight

Apr 12, 2017
    Hello all,
    My friends and I have been working on developing a music collaboration game. It seems like a new and fun way to collaborate and create music with people all over the world.

We are still gathering information from all kinds of potential users to come up with the final list of requirements for our app developers.

If you have 5 minutes or so, would you mind answering a few questions in our survey about your music creation habits? Thank you so much in advance for this!

1. How often do you jam with other musicians?

2. Do you play new or different genres often? --- what difficulties have you experienced in doing so?

3. What factors into you wanting to be a part of a band?

4. What are your thoughts on being a part of multiple bands/music projects online?

5. What is your biggest obstacle in writing and finishing songs? -- How did you overcome or work around these obstacles?

6. What are your thoughts on jamming online with people around the world?

If you have any suggestions or things you would want in a game like this please let us know! Thank you

2. Thomas Kirk

Thomas Kirk

Mar 22, 2017
    N A
    ...just for shats & giggles...
    1) not nearly often enough! every couple of months...
    2) I enjoy covering ground. Apart from Coletrane/Parker/Davis/Grapelli Jazz, and Prog Rock, I feel pretty comfortable/ confident wherever I go.
    Love Gershwin.
    Love Ricky Skaggs.
    Love The Black Crowes & Keys!
    3) I don't want to be a member of a band. I haven't wanted that in a decade.
    4) Now THAT would be cool!
    5) I like the half dozen songs I've written during the last half century. Most all of them are inspired by Ray Charles.
    6) I would Absolutly Love to know how to do that!

Random thought: I'm hunting hard...scouring CL & eBay looking for a Zoom or a Tascam multi-track digital recorder that I can justify spending the money on.
    Mostly I want to layer hand drum tracks and then layer bass parts over them.

Cheers!

3. JamRight

JamRight

Apr 12, 2017
    Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated.:bassist:

4. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    You need to set up a surveymonkey... cause this is ultra inefficient. Anyway, ill go along.

New musicians, once a month. People I know, once a week.

Not much, sometimes, but not much.

Music I like, people I like.

More projects are necessary cause you never know when you are going to get ******.

None. Maybe finding a final finishing part.

Jamming online is not possible.

5. JamRight

JamRight

Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks for the reply and feedback FingerDub, it's very helpful. You're right about survey monkey being more efficient but I've found people are less likely to click an unknown link for fear of viruses, etc. I'll try it out in the future, so thanks for the suggestion.:bassist:

6. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    1. As often as possible, which is nowhere near often enough. I do rehearse with others once a week though.

2. Whenever something inspires me --- lack of skill and experience in said genre, practice is the only way to overcome it.

3. Collective creativity.

4. I already am.

5. Writing music for instruments I do not know how to play, it makes them sound sterile -- Experimentation and never worry about getting it wrong.

6. In a "live" setting? You would need to fix peoples internet connections first and make sure we all are on fiber. If it is in a "replay" way, such as Bandhub etc. then it can be fun, but it isn't jamming.

7. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

1. How often do you jam with other musicians? weekly rehearsals and gigs

2. Do you play new or different genres often? --- what difficulties have you experienced in doing so? mostly jazz and jazz takes on rock, pop...

3. What factors into you wanting to be a part of a band? always have been in a band(s), since childhood: don't know any better!

4. What are your thoughts on being a part of multiple bands/music projects online? i'd sure be interested enough to check it out!

5. What is your biggest obstacle in writing and finishing songs? -- How did you overcome or work around these obstacles? writer's block --- work through it

6. What are your thoughts on jamming online with people around the world? would like to try it

8. JamRight

JamRight

Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks for your reply and feedback JACink, I really appreciate it. You're right about it being difficult to live jam online, and the "replay" method isnt' quite the same. We're working on a game that would bridge the two and make the experience both rewarding and fun.:bassist:

9. JamRight

JamRight

Apr 12, 2017
    Hey JRA, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, it's a big help. People like you are why we're trying to make a game that would allow you to jam online, but in an easy and fun way. Thanks again.:bassist:

JRA likes this.
  10. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis

11. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I wish you the best of luck!

12. geeza

geeza

Mar 15, 2009
    Earth, but just barely.
    I'm not wearing pants
    1. How often do you jam with other musicians?
    - Rarely, nowadays. Maybe once or twice a year. Pretty much just do everything myself in my studio
    2. Do you play new or different genres often? --- what difficulties have you experienced in doing so?
    - Yes.
    - Not being a technical enough player
    3. What factors into you wanting to be a part of a band?
    - Do they need a bass player and can I get along with the people in the band
    4. What are your thoughts on being a part of multiple bands/music projects online?
    - Not sure I understand the question. As long as it's online, what does it matter if it's one band or 10 if you can handle the workflow?
    5. What is your biggest obstacle in writing and finishing songs? -- How did you overcome or work around these obstacles?
    - I'd have to go with getting vocals recorded. I hate the sound of my voice, so it something that I never get around to.
    6. What are your thoughts on jamming online with people around the world?
    - How could that not be cool?