1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Music Man Care Set MM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jhnoh, Mar 11, 2013.

1. jhnoh

jhnoh

Mar 11, 2013
    Dear Forum members,

I have a Sting Ray5 Bass + Fiezo pickup with Maple Neck.

Since I have this bass, 11 years, I have never done so called "Neck care". Only cleaned up without any chemical methods.
    I read by chance about "Music Man Care Set MM", then I got it.

http://www.thomann.de/de/music_man_care_set_mmpflege1.htm

And.. I did it last Saturday and I want to know, if it is right thing for my bass(I know I should ask first). :rollno:

Thanks.

2. Kuroth

Kuroth

Dec 2, 2012
    I have no idea what that is.. Looks like just another type of "Care Kit" that you can buy anywhere.. I was told you dont really need all those facny creams and lotions(LoL I sound like a swinger or something)

Just use a soft cloth and wipe down your bass and the strings after every use is what an old Bass pro told me.. So that is all I do...

3. suckybassplaya

suckybassplaya

Jun 24, 2010
  4. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    I would say very very infrequent on the oil and infrequent on the wax, in my experience. Great stuff, though.

5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    It looks like the distributor assembled that "kit".

If you have a non-clear coated neck, Musicman recommends using the Birchwood Caseys Tru Oil gun stock product.

6. qervo

qervo

May 18, 2011
    I have a MMSR, and all I've ever done is put lemon oil on the neck maybe, and I stress maybe, 2 times a year. The rest of the time I just wipe with a clean cloth. Never had any issues in 15 years.

7. jhnoh

jhnoh

Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks a lot you guys.
    I checked and played yesterday evening again, my Bass is still stinky but it looks well.
    I just worried, that I harmed my Bass.

One stupid question still I have..

Music Man Care Set MM
    What does it mean here, MM?
    Music man?

8. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    That would be my guess.