Music you like BECAUSE it's cheesy

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I know I can't be the only one who listens to music that is cheesy for laughs... but also for some musical enlightenment. Examples:

Dio. Dio really does have a great voice/great band, but his delievery and his subject matter are hilarious.

Journey. I don't know how much I really like them, but when I hear a Journey song, I rock hard. Everything about Journey is just... funny. Sad thing is, they started out a proggy rock band, then Steve Perry came into the picture and turned them into a musical joke. *insert laughing all the way to the bank comment*
  2. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Ever heard of a small band outta the long beach area called The Ziggens? They got quite a few 'cheezy' tunes that are just great, along with some just rad surfy music.
  3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Ya mean other than Weird Al Yankovic? Of course, back in the day, Frank Zappa and the Mothers were pioneering that same sort of song parody send-up - but with even better musicianship...

Or did you mean music that takes itself seriously - but actually comes out cheesy? For me, that would be Foreigner - except that I never really liked Foreigner...

4. Toto

"You know I wan't hold you back now...."
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    One word.

6. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    Britney - "Toxic"

Love that song.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Well I don't find Tears for Fears cheesy; merely dated. I think they had some brilliant songwriting.
  8. hot apple pie- Hillbillies

if not for the sheer redneck of it, at least for the bass solo!
  9. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    The Blue Oyster Cult created some of the worst rock cliches known to man. Their music flows from my speakers like a river of Velveeta melting over nachos, and I love very second of it.
  10. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Disco Inferno [Burn, Baby, Burn]

I'm sorry - I really love that bass line.

11. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
  12. "Sailing"; Christopher Cross.
  13. Dragonforce, i'm seeing them in concert in a month. How can you not rock to that?
  14. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Oh yeah, them too. Their guitarists are insane. But they're almost too cheese.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oh man, I forgot about Rhapsody!!!
  16. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Dred Zeppelin, an Elvis impersonator vocalist with a Reggae beat.
  17. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Hey, haven't seen you in a while, Turock!

Anything by 7 Seconds of Love and Electric Six.