Musical Instrument Fair Japan 2005 pics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Akami, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

These are pics from the show I just went to on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and I tried to take a lot of pictures to share with TalkBass, so here they are...

If anyone has any questions about any gear here in Japan I spend a lot of time going around the music stores in the Tokyo area and having a mission just makes it all that much more fun, so feel free to send requests.
  2. Nice!

Thanks a lot, Akami.
  3. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Very cool stuff, man. Thanks for sharing :D
  4. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Wow..I better start $aving cause there's alot of new tasty gear coming out.

Those Jaguar basses are sweet. Can't wait to try a 2 pu stingray too.
  5. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Those were a couple of items I was really jazzed to see, but this tiny Escape Bass really caught my attention too. :)

Recently there was a post about traveling with a bass and these look like a handy tool for someone who wants/needs to take something, but can't afford the space.
    Although you wouldn't necessarily want to gig with one of these it appears that you probably could in a pinch.

If anyone has actually played one of these through an amp please let us know what you thought of it. :confused:

Here's some info I copied off their site:

I took three pics at the fair and you can get a good idea how small the thing is in the pic with my hand holding it if you go to:

The body is constructed from beautiful mahogany satin-stained alder. The guitar’s neck consists of premium maple with a Rosewood fretboard. The Traveler Guitar Escape Bass has a full-sized playing surface, despite its compact dimensions (includes rugged gig bag and headphones.) The Escape Bass is a definite necessity for all bass players.
    Neck Maple
    Fingerboard Rosewood
    Frets 24-medium
    Scale Length 32 in.
    Fingerboard Inlays Clay
    Width at Nut 1 1/4 in.
    Body Width 7 1/2 in.
    Length 35 in.
    Weight 4.5 lbs.
    Pick-ups Piezo Pick-Up
    Hardware Chrome
    Electronics Custom Shadow with Headphone Amp
    Finish Mohogany Satin Stained
    Retail Price $499. (usd)
  6. Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Those pics are giving me major gas! That blue aerodyne jazz looks really pretty.
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There's always a guitar I want. Nice pics, thanks for posting them.
  8. That flame maple top aerodyne is sure pretty.