musicman Vs warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jan 17, 2005.

1. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    which do you prefer? why?
  2. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    That's a pretty broad question, seeing how different the basses can be. I've owned both, and I liked each of them for certain things. What are you looking for? What are your priorities?
  3. Stingray baby!!!!!! (because I said so!)
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I prefer, wait--oranges.

No, I was right the first time. Apples, it is.

That's better...
  5. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
  6. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I have owned both and it really matters what kind of music you are going to use it for. I had a Thumb and a Stingray and used the stingray for the funky hard rock stuff and the Thumb for the jazzy funky stuff.
  7. Seansbrew has the best signature this week.........period.
  8. sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    i got both, a thumb 5 b.o. and a '96 ray. neither can replicate the sound of the other.
  9. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    in terms of what?

musicman has the best headstock but warwick has the best nut so i think its pretty even.
  10. Larzon

Jan 15, 2005
    Both are great basses, I have owned both, it's a matter of taste.
    For me...the Stingray is a nice bass, but for some reason I got tired of it, can't explain why, I wasn't happy with it and I didn't play well.
    Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 is awesome....clear warm Fat sound..especially the B-string, I really loved it.

Now I'm looking for a new bass and the choice is between a Cirrus and a Warwick Streamer Stage I (again, hehe) :cool:
  11. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I've owned a Warwick Corvette and a Modulus Flea (which is a pretty stingray'ish). The Modulus was a better fit for me, but the Warwick definitely had its place. Take my opinion with a grain of salt as it is based on a Modulus Flea being similar to a stingray.
  12. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Good point. Everything has a place, and I'd say neither brand is better than the other. There is no reason to compare them when the original poster hasn't replied yet...
  13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I own a Corvette, a Sterling and a Bongo.

I never play the Corvette.

I sold a Streamer Pro M and never missed it.
  14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Musicman. Sterling, specifically. Largely because of balance and a smaller, more comfortable neck.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Which nut?

Personally, I have never picked a bass because of the headstock or the nut.
  16. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    String Trees suck.
  17. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I didnt get the headstock and nut comment either. Those do not have anything to do with the sound of the instrument :rolleyes:
  18. I may be wrong, but I think metron was subtly pointing out that because the answer to this question depends on so many factors not addressed by the thread starter, you may as well base it on the asinine.