Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Must See! Me'Shell Ndegeocello In Montreaux.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mz91, Aug 12, 2004.

1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    "Me'Shell at Montereux video and audio!"

audio: http://r.bluewin.ch/?id=48860
    video: http://r.bluewin.ch/?id=48859

Hey all, this is the link to the whole video of Me'shell at the Montreaux Jazz festival here in switzerland... If you have a little over an hour and a half i urge you to watch it. She doesnt sing at all. She stays on the bass. And its AMAZING!!!
    Damn that woman can GROOVE!!!!!

Peace

Michael

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Good video. Any others from Montreux? Did you manage to make it down to Paleo this year?

bmc

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Damn, the links arent working for me. I started to watch the video at work and it was playing fine, but not at home :(

4. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Are you sure you have real player at home? If you dont have real player it wont work :crying:

You could always watch it at work :bag:

5. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    No, i dont know of any other videos from Montreaux... But this was the concert i wanted to see had i gone anyway...

Wasnt in Paleo either :scowl:

Next year, ill try to make it to both.. (If the funds are there)

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    PM me any good links to Swiss music stores if you get a chance. I doubt the prices will be much better than here in Genf. Have you purchased your gear here or outside of Schweitz?

7. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hmmm Genf? Thats were my girlfriend lives so im there quite a bit :) .

I purchased the Modulus and the MTD from Germany...
    And the Fodera on the used market here in switzerland...

My current Rig, Eden WT 300 and Epifani 2*12 were also bought here in switzerland...

I have been lucky to find all these things used as paying list prices in switzerland is completely crazy!!!

I also have a really good contact in Basel that does my setups and changes the strings! :)

If you need any more info feel free to PM me!

Michael

8. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Silly me had my firewall blocking Real Player hehe. I fixed it hehe

9. Ben_P

Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    Great video! When I saw Meshell in Edmonton I was disappointed. Everyone was playing great but the crowd wasn't listening so it brought the whole mood down. At one point the saxaphone player told off the crowd, that's how much everyone was talking.

10. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Is there any way to download the file or buy the video?

11. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey Mr.Brown :)

There is a download program called Net Transport. Go onto Google and type in Net Transport. Then go to their page and download the program.

After that start the program and go to New Job or something like that... Type in the link which would be http://r.bluewin.ch/?id=48859

and then it should start to download it to the folder :p

Hope that helps!!

Michael

12. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Meshelle is one of my all time favorite bass players, no flashy bass pyrotechniques but just DEEP, DEEP, VERY DEEP in the pocket and groove. Listen and watch her touch and feel with just a plain 4 string J bass and ampeg rig. No $7000.00 8-string bass, just good playing from the soul. She also has a good video/audio recording on AOL Sessions, check it out, David Dyson is sitting in with her... :hyper:

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    link please...

:)

14. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi Michael.....I'll get in touch at some point. I will need to upgrade the amp (Nemesis) this year. Playing bigger venues and I'm thinking about 410's. I'll let you know when I'm ready to sell if you know any bassists. Also, if you come across bigger gear that's used for a good price (assuming that exists in this pretty country), please drop me a line. I'll PM you shortly.

bmc (actually in Coppet, not Genf)

15. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    ^^wasn't that a PM??????^^ :oops:

16. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    ahhhh maybe.