1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR M-80 to console (help)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by bassike, May 18, 2011.

1. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    Hi
    I have the MXR M-80
    I normally have my amp at the practice place but sometimes is not there so I use my MXR M-80
    To go to the console.

The problem is that the output of this thing seems to be very low.
    I think is possible that I don’t know how to set up this thing

When I use it with my amp it’s fine cause I know that the clean volume and the dist. Volume have to sound as loud as when you go bypass.

Ok so when I plug it to the console and play bypass; there is almost no input in the console.

Then I crank a bit the volumes so I can get a better output out of it but still to weak.

One of the guitar players uses a line six pod instead of an amp and he sounds very loud.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. On most boards there is a 30db gain or cut button on each line,check to make sure that yours isnt selected for line level.

3. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

^^^^ to above...

OR you may have a pad gain/trim knob off.... with this DI you have tons of gain.. set all the knobs on your channel to unity.

Tim

4. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    ok thanks guys i'll check that.

cause the drummer is the one that contlols the console so there might be something wrong.

5. MNAirHead

On an M-80.. switch it off... then dial in the signal... THEN put on the tone circuit.. then avoid the silly distortion...

It has a ton of gain... who knows what the drummer is doing...

6. bassike

bassike

Apr 24, 2008
    Montreal
    i guess it leads ut to start jokes like

how many drummers does it take to EQ a bass.

but seriousley i'll try to get more familiar to the console.
    cause i taught he knew what he was doing

7. MNAirHead

pro sound is another type of talent.. there are tons of honest mistakes that can be made that will dork you out of the mix.

8. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    aman!!!