1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My Band's EP! Please listen and give feedback!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wannaflea, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Probably the proudest I've ever been in all my 17 years :)

Me and my band arrived groggy one monday morning in February to record our first EP. It was recorded for free, at a local youth club, were the owner and good friend of ours had taken his own time to help us record. Nobody had really any idea bout recording, to be honest. :help: About 5 days later, we had 6 songs recorded. About 3 minutes later, we had 5 songs for an EP - the 6th had recorded horribly. :crying:

We waited and eventually the youth club owner sent us his mixes of them. We were happy, but they weren't perfect, so we tried them on our own. Again, these were better, but just a bit :(

After a long process, we decided that mixing on our own just wasn't giving results that were worth the time and effort of recording. SO, with a local techie - who hadn't done this sort of thing before - and mixed it with him

The standard isn't professional by any stretch, but it's practically unrecognizable as the same tracks that we flailed around with a few months back!

This is all 5, a real insight into my band, PLEASE listen!

http://soundcloud.com/scruffians/sets/scruffiansep

Absolutely any feedback, what's good, what's bad, what you enjoyed, what you didn't ANYTHING. Saying that, mixing was out of our hands, so there isn't much we could do about that :p

If you like it, please give my band a like, it cost us to make, but we're giving it away for free, so any extra fans gained make it worthwhile! http://www.facebook.com/scruffians

Free download, I urge you to download, free music and it's nice for us to see a download. Now to send this off to labels, we don't expect anything back, but we're all proud of it anyway!

Thank you! :bassist:

Edit: If you go on here, and click on the Youtube tab, they're all there in Youtube format! http://www.facebook.com/scruffians

2. Not my style but i dig it!

3. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Thank you! Be sure to check out all the songs, because we go from quite heavy rock, to acoustic, to some throw-back ballad stuff!

4. Yeah cutting corners was my fav.

5. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Thanks a lot!

6. tobo

tobo

Nov 22, 2005
    35 hours? what took so long?
    :bag:

7. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Tuning!

Wait, what?! :p

8. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    B-b-b-bump! I'm anxious to hear what talkbass thinks!

9. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    US time bump!

10. garmenteros

garmenteros Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Dominican Republic
    Sounds good, even more so considering you're 17.

11. BritPicker

BritPicker

Apr 20, 2009
    I think it's fabulous. Very inventive. Tight yet raw and lots of energy. Most bands seem to kill anything they have with recording, losing all their life. You didn't do that. I liked you on the Facebook!!

12. Definitely

Definitely Banned

I liked it, the musicianship was spot on, and I liked the funking in Rats :D. Only thing that didn't really do it for me was the vocals. I'm not saying he's a bad singer, just not my type of singer, great job guys!

13. xander8280

xander8280

Dec 29, 2011
    Cool stuff man

14. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Thank you, we pride ourselves on our relatively mature music!

Thanks! I appreciate that! We're not the best live band going, unless we've practiced to a T. Thanks for the like!

Thank you! Hehe, Rats is a bassist's song alright :p :bassist:

Thank you! :)

Bumped! :bassist:

15. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Yeah man, Listened to all 5 tracks...twice...tonight. Love your stuff!
    Good energy, a bit brash and cheeky in a good way. Lots of youthful angst but not in a negative way. Quirky with a funky / indie edge. You guys must be a fun live band too.
    You seem to be enjoying yourselves writing and performing songs. It shows. Great tunes

16. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Thank you very much sir, and thank you for your PM, I've shared it with the rest of the guys and they're all as grateful as I am! I'll send a proper reply to the PM though!

17. 9doors

9doors

Aug 16, 2012
  18. FleadomFighter

FleadomFighter

May 27, 2012
    I like it, the varied styles still sit nicely as an EP, and I especially like that you haven't been lazy in writing the bass parts, all very well thought out, congrats!

19. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Would you believe we saw the blog before I saw this comment? Thank you very much! If you'd like, I can keep you up to date with any Scruffians releases and the like? We love the fact that you included us in your blog!

Thank you very much! We wanted the range to be as broad as possible, to show what we could to! And thanks for the comment, Cutting Corners was probably the hardest to write for, but in the end you can hardly hear the bassline I have - it's really difficult haha

20. I think it sounds pretty good.

My wife said "this is much better than your normal bass forum crap"

***edit*** Forgot to mention I totally dig the song rats