1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MY BASS AMP NEEDS HELP!! :(

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by THATPHATBASSBRO, Jun 4, 2014.

1. So basically I have a Laney RB7 combo bass amp. It's always been a decent bass amp and I use it with a 1x15 cab underneath. HOWEVER, the other day I was playing a gig and noticed that the 2x10 speakers on the combo aren't powering anything! The cab is still working and so are the settings on the amp- just the actual speakers on the combo are not working. Even if I play the basses through without the cab extension- the speakers do not work.

I think the issue is possibly caused by the fact that sometimes I chuck stuff in the back of it and it could have messed up the wiring inside...

I need pretty urgent help with this because I'm always gigging with the band- so if anyone can offer some useful recommendations as to what I could do myself?? The nearest music shop is about 30 mins away and I'll be charged a bomb so I wouldn't mind fixing it myself with the soldering etc.

Whoever helps me gets a free set of strings the next time I'm in your town gigging ;) HA.. There's a picture of my new gibson/ big muff, man I love them. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1401921175.389144.

2. tubatodd

tubatodd

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    So you put stuff in through the ports? Pull the grill and each cone and check the connection of the wire to each cone. They could have been bumped off.

3. tubatodd

tubatodd

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Assuming this is straight forward, I'd pull the head unit and blast out dust. Look for any swollen or tilted capacitors. They look like mini coke cans or fat little batteries. Those could cause issues.

4. DerTeufel

DerTeufel Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Wildomar, CA
    If it works with the extension, but doesn't without it, I would suspect that either the combo's speakers blew, or that the wiring was knocked off due to you putting stuff in the ports.

5. Thanks for the help guys!! Yeah, I'll crack it open and check out the wiring. I don't think it's blown- at least I hope it isn't!!! But I'll see :) thanks for taking the time to help me out.