1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My daughter wants a poodle...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Mar 31, 2006.

1. ..and I am okay with that idea, with the following conditions:

1. It must be a male;

2. It must be either black or grey so the dirt doesn't show as much; and

3. He must be named either 'Serge' or 'Gainsbourg'. Review the link below to see why this is important:
    http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2673355?htv=12

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Oh man, you will end up walking it! :oops: ;)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My son asked for a hamster when he was younger. I gave him the same reply my dad gave me when I asked for an iguana..

People in hell want ice water, you think they get it?

-Mike

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    You could get her one of those tiny african hedgehogs.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Actually, people in hell want to get out of hell. :D

6. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i work in hell with flourescent lighting.

7. Just don't introduce her to the music of Marcia Ball!

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Standard Poodles are great dogs, miniatures are another story.

9. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    I vote for Serge! I never watched 6 Feet Under, but I loved the Serge character in Beverly Hills Cop. If that guy had been a dog, he'd have been a poodle.

Another rule...No Sissy Poodle Haircuts or Nail Painting. I used to have a poodle, in jr hi. She was a toy size, grey, and really cute. Then my mom took her to the beauty shop, and they made her look all...poofy, with that weird haircut. Never again! People laughed at her and me both!

Cherie

10. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    My band has a song with that title.

Cherie :)

11. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Why? Is Marcia's music poodle-y to you?

I think she's ok. The whole NOLA piano thing gets old, though.

Cherie

12. Why in the name of 12 kinds of quick-dry cement would you let her get a poodle? A Rottweiler, THAT'S what she needs.:D

Rock on
    Eric

13. +1 I totally agree. My best friend has had a couple of standards. As long as you give them a normal haircut - I can't stand the whole topiary style thing.

If you are not looking for a show dog, IMO the secret is to get a "pet quality" standard poodle from a top breeder - much cheaper than a show quality animal but you get the advantage of a bloodline with a known temperment. The animals from certain breeders bloodlines will have particular reputations WRT temperment and health issues. Ask many poodle people and you will get a feel for who is good for your needs.

For example, my friend has had two pet quality dogs from the well known breeder Wendell Sammet over the years. Both dogs have been smart, sociable, affectionate, trainable, great with children, playful with just a small hint of mischef and also quite handsome. Very nice pets/family members. We were just out walking and playing in the woods yesterday.

peace,
    S

14. Dang..the whole purpose of this post was to get folks to see the link above, which is to one of the funniest talk show moments ever. My daughter really does want a poodle, but I doubt she'd let me name it Gainsbourg. I know my wife wouldn't.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2673355?htv=12

15. Sorry i = clueless + have not slept much in weeks + that link does not do anything on my comp

peace

16. Get her a $hit Poo, 1/2 ****zu and 1/2 Poodle.

17. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    The server here at work blocks video and music downloads. I'll have to watch it at home, sug.

Cherie :)

18. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    WOW....and the French think Americans are jerks:rolleyes:

19. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Tried looking at the clip... three times! No luck. Got to see the commercials each time, but not the clip... :meh:

We have a standard poodle, and we call him Clyde. He's black. Second-best dog with which I've ever been associated... very smart and attentive. The best dog I ever had was some 28 years ago... a border collie, which I called Leroy... damn dog was so smart... he did my calculus homework for me... :D

20. +1 My standard is incredibly smart and is the sweetest dog I've ever met.
    -Alex