1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My E-Mu 1616M just died!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by spindizzy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. spindizzy

spindizzy

Apr 12, 2004
    Michigan
    At least I think its dead. Anyone have one of these and had trouble with it connecting to the PC?

Everything from the PCI card on is fine but the PC can't see the 1616M interface anymore. Almost all the lights go up on the front panel when powered up (which indicates something but what I am not sure) and if it does happen to turn on correctly (so that it does make the connection) only the blue E on the unit lights up. However now when I turn on the power I get no connection and all the lights on the unit (except for the blue E) burn brightly.

Am I in trouble or is there a more simple explanation/fix. Any help someone with experience can give will be accepted with great appreciation.

Spin

2. I've had a similar problem a few times with my 1820M (almost all lights turned on; i had to switch off the PC and restart). Now it seems to be fine. Perhaps something to do with the PC power supply: I have to have it changed and now the problem is less frequent. Here you have the link for E-Mu's support for 1616m PCI

http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=creative_emu,U={B8F60310-DA4F-11D3-94F4-00500463020E},Company={EACD76F6-AB98-4A73-92AF-672407CB86D7},d=1058791985390,VARSET=centric:1008,VARSET=m:0,VARSET=c:0,VARSET=pn:1616m%20PCI,VARSET=cn:Interfaces,VARSET=catfaq:CATFAQ_25,VARSET=prodfaq:pRODFAQ_1008

...! I hope it helps

3. spindizzy

spindizzy

Apr 12, 2004
    Michigan
    Thanks so much. I will take a look.

Spin