Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My first solo thing....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rumzini, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Well since I was asked to step down from the band I guess I am now a solo artist...lol. Oh well that's life....so I plugged straight into the computer with my Lakland 55-01 one not to long ago and came up with this. Pretty Toolish inspired...I hope not to much. Honest opinions please.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=389079

2. Absolutely loved this man. I personally think it was very well done, I especially liked the the lower parts around 1:39 I believe, and when you switch between that low and high part. Your tone is also very awsome I really enjoyed this.

Jared

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    kind of interesting. Yes very toolish :p I also found it a bit boring at times, but yen again I shouldn't be judging cause this track strongly resembles the stuff I've been coming up with recently (style-wise)....

keep it up!

4. jazzbasta

jazzbasta

Jul 16, 2005
    I like it. Forget Tool. I'm thinking it evokes a bit of The Doors "The End" (there at the beginning). ;) I enjoyed the simplicity of it, you held my attention without going nuts on the fretboard.

I also like the tone from your Lakland.

Peace. :)

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey thanks for the input thusfar everyone. Ya know when I listen to it I get bored as well...hell when I'm playin it alone I'm bored. However it is a whole song meant to have everything else in it as well...guitars, drums, vocals. I do have version recorded with my brother in law on guitars playing around with it. Maybe I'll post that and see what ya guys think. Doors? Tool? I can't tell you how much of a compliment that is. Also big thanks about the tone...it seems that I spend forever trying to dial in the right one with my Bmax and all the pedals...then when I play direct into the souncard I say..."Hey that's it!" Go figure..

6. Demens

Demens

Apr 23, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    The first 1:39 was very "Parabol"ish... sounded good.