1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My first solo thing....

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Rumzini, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Well since I was asked to step down from the band I guess I am now a solo artist...lol. Oh well that's life....so I plugged straight into the computer with my Lakland 55-01 one not to long ago and came up with this. Pretty Toolish inspired...I hope not to much. Honest opinions please.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=389079

2. Absolutely loved this man. I personally think it was very well done, I especially liked the the lower parts around 1:39 I believe, and when you switch between that low and high part. Your tone is also very awsome I really enjoyed this.

Jared

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    kind of interesting. Yes very toolish :p I also found it a bit boring at times, but yen again I shouldn't be judging cause this track strongly resembles the stuff I've been coming up with recently (style-wise)....

keep it up!

4. jazzbasta

jazzbasta

Jul 16, 2005
    I like it. Forget Tool. I'm thinking it evokes a bit of The Doors "The End" (there at the beginning). ;) I enjoyed the simplicity of it, you held my attention without going nuts on the fretboard.

I also like the tone from your Lakland.

Peace. :)

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hey thanks for the input thusfar everyone. Ya know when I listen to it I get bored as well...hell when I'm playin it alone I'm bored. However it is a whole song meant to have everything else in it as well...guitars, drums, vocals. I do have version recorded with my brother in law on guitars playing around with it. Maybe I'll post that and see what ya guys think. Doors? Tool? I can't tell you how much of a compliment that is. Also big thanks about the tone...it seems that I spend forever trying to dial in the right one with my Bmax and all the pedals...then when I play direct into the souncard I say..."Hey that's it!" Go figure..

6. Demens

Demens

Apr 23, 2005
    Waco, Texas
    The first 1:39 was very "Parabol"ish... sounded good.