Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My freshly tricked out Squier VM Jaguar Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrzrzr, Apr 9, 2014.

1. mrzrzr

mrzrzr

Aug 11, 2013
    Berlin, Germany.
    Almost finished pimpin' my Squier Jaguar bass, with luthier Nevo Ron in Berlin. I cannot compliment him enough for a job well done (and not for the first time).

As I grew up as a musician in the 90's, I always hated Squier basses. I know the subject was discussed a lot, but the point I am trying to make here, is that I fell in love with that bass right from the beginning. The mods I've done were only to make it sound the way I like. Even though I bought it as a touring bass, it became my main bass, also in the studio.

I strung her with TI flats, the only set I use.
    [​IMG]

We installed a P-style ashtray, with muting foam on the upper side of the strings, make it easier to play bridge position, and rings like a charm (a J-style ashtray could be a good idea too, to make you play on the precision PU).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lately we added a Jaguar lower control plate, standard jaguar wiring. An ON/OFF switch for each PU, and a serial/parallel switch. Last mod was replacing the output jack with a Switchcraft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are some more pics. Enjoy. :D
    https://www.facebook.com/cricket.joe/media_set?set=a.10152309189038351.1073741834.767328350&type=3

P.S,
    Is there an easy working way to upload a photo which I don't know about?

2. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Pacifica CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    The Squier Jag is a very useable bass. I have one and it plays/sounds really good. I put a P neck on mine and it has a distressed gold-leaf finish I did on it which I call the "Gold Core Road Warrior". Looks like you've added some tone options to yours that will further expand it's palette. I put a P-bridge cover on mine also.

[​IMG]

3. Register_To_Disable

4. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
  5. mrzrzr

mrzrzr

Aug 11, 2013
    Berlin, Germany.
    Anyone knows the stacked pots values on this one? Is it 250/250 or 250/500?