1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my house...........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jewel cases dude, they'll hold up dude

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. cd wallets all around for just cds dude

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. cd wallets all around for even your games/dvds! dude

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  4. **** it dude lets go bowling

16 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. is a multimedia nightmare. I've got discs all over, everywhere.

give me a few pieces of advice to help me get this house back in order

2. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Burn it down and collect insurance. tis the only way.

Martha stewart maybe? Or even that TLC show where they go around organizing and stuff.

3. lol sorry man, i love my basement too much to burn it....besides, where will i plug in then?

lol also i'm hurtin on money lol. no televised visits

4. Bowling FTW.

But really, I think CD Cases work well, and if you as nuts as me and willing to alphabetize it by Artist - then albums in Chronological Order, you will have a wicked and accessible collection.

5. i was thinking more computer games.......i'm sorta itchy when it comes to music and wallets.........the computer games, then dvds, than games

6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Talk about Obsessive Compulsive! I *only* sort by artist ;)

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I sort my albums by artist and then chronological order as well, and have them in binders.

I have my DVD's sorted by title and on shelves in their cases.

Only way to go, IMO.

8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    One of the reasons I don't sort in chronological order is that I try to keep my collection wide and shallow. i.e. I try to buy a maximum of three albums from any given artist.

Do people who sort in chronological order tend to have a lot of albums by the same artist? A lot means more than three. And album in this context means vinyl, CD, or tape.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Every Metallica Album, every John Mayer album, every Godsmack album, a good number of Brad Paisley albums, yes.

I don't limit myself to any number of albums by an artist. And I have a wide variety of artists as well.

10. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I have my CDs, DVDs, and Computer program discs in Binders. They're even sorted in different binders. 2 for CDs, 2 for DVDs (need bigger ones. One is for TV shows, one for movies), and then a big one for computer programs. I know, I have issues.

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Get a CD wallet for CDs and another for DVDs.

12. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    I had to vote for the Bowling for obvious reasons ;)

Cant go wrong with wallets though. I use a rolodex CD holder for PC programs and games. My PS2 games and DVDs stay in their boxes and my CD's are in a generic CD rack. Holds 250 CD's but I dont need much more than that since my Dad stole all his albums back from me when I moved :(

13. Bowling, oh yeah!

But about CDs... Get a external USB Hard disk and rip your CDs to it. A 500 Gb HD will hold almost 1000 uncompressed CDs and costs 100-150$ or something.

14. i've been looking to get rid of a lot of *ahem* other materials i have to an external drive......problem is is i'm concerned that even if i get my desired amount of storage (120-150 gigs) i'll have durability problems where i just won't be able to get back those files....i'm genuinelya pretty careful guy, it's just i don't want to have to worry about losing everything