1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

My new Pedal board - Thoughts? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheBassBloke, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Hey Guys!!!

I've just drawn up my idea of a pedal board, the ones with a tick next to them indicate that I already own the pedals :p But what do you think of my setup?

Electro Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi $200 √
    Line 6 Bass Pod $900 √
    Rocktron Banshee $300 √
    Boss DD-3 Digital Delay $100
    Boss FL-3 Flanger $239 √
    Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter $219 √
    Wireless Guitar Adaptor $400 √
    Electro Harmonix Small Stone $250
    Electro Harmonix Micro Bass Synth $500
    EBS OctaBass $300
    EBS BassIQ Envelope Filter $400
    Volume Pedal $100

and here's a picture lol
    http://omploader.org/vMWtlbQ/PedalBoard.jpg

2. Needs more fuzz!!!

Why the DD-3 specifcally? I'm looking for a delay also, wondering why you'd go for that specific model.

3. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I'm assuming that's a typo? :eyebrow:

4. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Im guessin that all the prices are due to where he lives.

5. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    But still that comes out to around $640 US dollars....

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    American pedals in Australia seem to cost a fortune. There was a guy a couple of months ago saying he'd seen prices from $600-$900 for a Bass Micro Synth. I think he ended up buying one from the UK because it worked out cheaper.

7. Unfortunately not in Australia :(

8. Umm, dont know to be honest, just because it's cheap. Now that you've brought it to my attention I might try the Holy Grail by EHX, there is no such thing as too much Electro Harmonix :p

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Why a Small Stone and a Boss phaser? I'd get rid of one or the other. If it were me, I'd get rid of the Boss. Small Stone kicks the Boss' ass ;) I guess you could make a case for the Boss instead. It has the different sweeps and is a bit more controllable. But the Stone has the perfect phase shift.

10. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
  11. Give the MI Audio pedals a look - I love them. Their dirt pedals stack so well with others IMO.

Also, check out Morrison from tassie.
    http://www.morrisonaudioequipment.com
    (shameless plug)
    I have one of their phaser's - a very nice True bypass pedal, works well with active bass in the vein of an mxr phase 90.
    They're one of only a few dirt cheap pedal builder's in OZ.
    And yes - he uses proper 3pdt's, chassis mounted metal jacks etc.

Here's a list of aussie pedal maker's. It's not all of them, but quite a few.
    http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/index.php?topic=5856.0

As far as filter's go - check out the Chunk 00 Funk and Frostwave Funk-a-Duck if you can. Us aussies do have a few good filter's if you can find them.;)

12. Maybe I am missing something but with all those single pedals what else will the Bass Pod offer you? The modeling? Also have you tried all those pedals? Personally i found the EBS BassIQ a little tame. Maybe I didn't spend enough time with it. :meh:

I just got the EHX BMS XO and am really digging it! Funner than a sack of rabid skunks!

13. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer

Aug 17, 2006
    Why the talk box? You are aware that the bass sound will come out of the tube and need to be mic'd in a gig situation right? It's not a normal effect.

14. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    no compression pedal ?

15. Heyy I just bought a EHX holy grail. So cool :p